The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
About Data Operations at Ideon
The Data Operations team uses our in-house technology to support the aggregation, ingestion, and production of our Quoting and Decision Support Data Sets. The Data QA function of the Data Operations team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of our data sets. This key role of Data QA Manager will drive the improvement of processes and the direction of tooling and technology enhancements in order to ensure only the highest quality data is released into production. Our team’s culture is one of scrappiness, collaboration, and growth and we sit uniquely at the intersection of technical and business teams in order to drive results.
This role is located in NYC and reports to the Director of Data Operations.
In this role you will:
- Lead the Data QA function and team including resources, workflows, and process refinement.
- Ensure delivery of a product that is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to identify tech and tooling needs for incremental improvements to Data QA processes.
- Develop, report on and drive improvements in KPIs related to the quality and efficiency of Data QA processes.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for advanced analytics in Data QA.
- Develop data quality rules management systems and procedures.
- Reduce manual intervention of data quality processes through automation.
We’d love to talk if you:
- Have 5+ years experience in an data related QA role that requires the utmost precision and attention to detail.
- Have experience with optimizing data quality through testing and analytic tools and process.
- Have data access, visualization and wrangling skills using tools such as Python, Tableau, SQL and/or RStudio.
- Have 3+ years of experience managing, developing and retaining and team of direct reports.
- Have a track record of earning and taking on increased responsibility over time.
- Have an eye for detail and a love for data.
- Are a results-based and a solutions-oriented thinker and problem solver.
- Have exceptional problem solving skills.
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Ideon requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at an Ideon space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.