- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Role
Data is the lifeblood of TaskRabbit and we are building a ML team to provide real time predictions and drive business results.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Science & Analytics, Data Engineering and ML Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a Data Science and Machine Learning Manager, you will lead ML Engineers and full-stack Data Scientists and work on most challenging problems across different business functions at TaskRabbit. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, to understand their problems, evaluate their requirements and provide actionable insights and recommendations. You will also assist in defining metrics, analysis, planning, execution, and building reports and summaries for various business units. You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with Marketing, Growth, Product, Operations, and Customer Support teams in order to accelerate growth, optimize performance, and scale efficiently. Last but least, as part of the Data team, you will work with Data Engineers to build data and ML infrastructure that would allow us to deploy ML models in production quickly and at scale..
- Manage a team of data scientists responsible for solving real work business problems with ML, DL and NLP techniques.
- Provide hands on technical leadership as well as combine business acumen with excellent problem solving skills
- Partner with cross functional teams, develop and prioritize data science roadmaps and proactively drive projects to completion
- Ask key questions about the product and translate business problems and requirements into data questions
- Conduct experiments to improve business outcomes and answer business questions with data and advanced analytics
- Build statistical models, reports, and dashboards to support business units achieve goals
- Provide thought leadership on metrics, features and product usage
Background and Experience
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we’re thinking about what you’ll need to be successful in the role.
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience in building and managing high performing teams responsible for developing and deploying machine learning models
- 6+ years of hands on data science and ML experience in solving real world business problems and applying machine learning in production environment
- Strong ability to make sound decisions and propose practical solutions
- Comfortable interacting with all management level with strong influencing skills and relationship building skills
- Strong experience with SQL
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to decision-makers
- Excited about working with structured and unstructured large data sets
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar tool is a plus
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We’re looking for people that have a passion for data, technology and problem solving
- You’re familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you’d want to add or change!
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.