About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Data Science Engineer
Wurl is seeking a Data Engineer with knowledge of data science. For this role, you will design and implement technical solutions from the ground up for our Data Science platform. Wurl collects data from a range of OTT video streaming ecosystem components. We digest it, analyze it, and build a wide range of Data Science pipelines to support our products. The Data Science engineer reports to the manager of the Data Science team and interacts with Product, Solution Architects, data engineering, and various other functions across the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside Data Scientists for building duplicatable and high-scale Data Science pipelines
- Collaborate with the data engineering and ML teams to construct data pipelines to implement machine learning models into Wurl’s production framework
- Build highly secured, scalable, and reliable cloud-native pipelines that run 24×7
- Write complex SQL queries with the objective of minimizing the processing effort and time of the data science team’s data pipelines
- Collaborate with the data science team to build data models and prediction models
- Create probability, statistics, predictive modeling, machine learning, or other quantitative methodologies to solve real-world TV delivery and advertisement problems
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related field plus 4 years of relevant experience
- Expert programming skills with Python and SQL
- Expertise in Spark/PySpark
- Experience with SaaS offerings: AWS preferred. Containerization, serverless processes, microservice architectures, etc.
- Strong mathematical background and knowledge including but not limited to statistics, predictive modeling, linear algebra, machine learning
- Experience building ML models using frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, SparkML, scikit-learn
- Knowledge of Snowflake, Databricks, Git, and MLFlow
- Understanding of complex networks (mathematical structures)
- Data pre-processing, visualization, and data cleansing experience
- Experience dealing with big datasets and databases
- Effective communication skills
- Works well in a team and independently
- Soft skills: creative, innovative, open to receiving and giving constructive criticism, open to discussions, trustworthy and reliable
- Proven record of being an outstanding problem-solver
A Plus if You Have
- Advanced proficiency with data visualization tools (such as Tableau, Power BI, Domo)
- Streaming video delivery experience and video formats
- Advertising infrastructure experience
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace Subscriptions for Mental and Physical Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.