TaskRabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams.
Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
Data Science and Analytics are the lifeblood of TaskRabbit and we are scaling up the Data Science and Analytics team to provide key insights to drive our business forward.
You will be a member of the Data Group: Data Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Data Engineering. We are a force multiplier, owning the data, analysis, and knowledge infrastructure that enables ourselves and our teammates to move faster and smarter.
As a Data Science Manager, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketing managers, designers, and engineers. You will manage a midsize team of data analysts and product data scientists responsible for applying various predictive and statistical modeling techniques to solve complex multi-faceted marketplace problems and optimize outcomes for all parties. By partnering with business units, you will translate problems into analytical requirements, and work with your team to come up with data-driven solutions. You will provide insights and recommendations, conduct advanced experiments, assist in defining metrics and translate data into insights that would improve the product, marketing, and operational metrics.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Manage, hire, train, and develop a group of data scientists and analysts
- Participate and guide all aspects of the project lifecycle from requirement gathering, data acquisition and preparation, hypothesis generation, ideation, coding, testing, and deployment of data science product
- Conduct open-ended data exploration to answer product questions and design controlled experiments to enable decision making as we iterate on solutions
- Craft compelling stories and make logical recommendations based on a thorough understanding of data and predictive models created on top of that
- Propose projects including business objective, data gathering and processes, approaches, algorithms, and detailed set of results and metrics
- Collaborate with data engineers to improve data preparation/cleansing/ETL pipelines
- Formulate statistical questions to address business needs
- Provide thought leadership on metrics, features, and product usage
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships and facilitate data-driven decision making across the organization
- Build statistical and predictive models, reports, and dashboards to support business and achieve goals
We welcome applicants from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Below gives you a sense of how we’re thinking about what you’ll need to be successful in the role.
- MS or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research, or a related quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience with building a strong data science and analysts team, helping team members realize their full potential, and influencing the team culture
- 6+ years of real-world industry experience in building predictive and statistical models including regression, classification, forecasting, and clustering
- Excellent statistical intuition and knowledge of various approaches such as causal inference, hypothesis testing, controlled experiments design, and sampling methods
- Ability to translate high-level business objectives into actions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences, including executives
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python and SQL
- Experience with Looker, Tableau, or similar tools is a plus
- Agile. Intelligent. Creative. Problem-solver. Startup lover. You like making things happen.
- We’re looking for people that have a passion for data, technology, and problem-solving
- You’re familiar with our product and have some ideas on things you’d want to add or change!
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group – the world’s largest furniture retailer – in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.