The data scientist role at Fama encompasses all aspects of the profession: obtaining and preparing data, implementing, training, and deploying models, monitoring their performance, and working with teammates to provide insights and data-driven assistance to their responsibilities.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy machine learning models that process natural language and images
- Identify relevant data sources and automate the process of their collection
- Analyze and preprocess data to ensure trained models have low variance
- Create processes and tools to monitor, visualize, and analyze the performance of production models
- Work with all teams within the company to identify areas where data science can improve existing and enable new processes and products
- Develop data products and tools for internal use
- Propose data-driven insights, solutions, and strategies to business challenges
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or a related quantitative discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in the data science/machine learning field
- Experience with Python, SQL, and Git strongly preferred. Other programming languages (R, Scala), Excel, BI/BA tools are a plus
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects