At Vercel, we believe that liberating the frontend unlocks creativity and open-source is the best way forward.
We are building a next-generation internet where developers can create freely and execute new ideas, guaranteeing a more vibrant, personalized internet. Vercel’s platform provides the speed and reliability to create at the moment of inspiration. In other words, our friction-less, real-time deployment makes it possible to start working on projects immediately — anywhere in the world.
Our globally-distributed team works asynchronously to lead the React ecosystem and serve developers at large companies. We pride ourselves on our diversity, shared urgency to iterate, team-oriented decision making, and drive to dig deep.
About the Role:
The Data Science role at Vercel is responsible for providing a broad range of advanced analytical services to the Data Team’s stakeholders. Example problems include:
- Provide leadership in data analytics, forecasting, metric design, and A/B testing
- Experience leading data-driven projects to solve complex business problems
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, designing experiments, predictive analytics, multivariate clustering)
- Performing advanced exploratory analysis that includes effects like cohorts, seasonality, derivatives of trends, and statistical tests
- Helping design metrics that have a high chance of producing measurable results
The data science role will closely partner with data engineering and analytics engineering to maximise their high-quality data for the role’s core responsibilities. The role will also partner with other teams (marketing operations, finance, business operations, and the leadership team) to help them get a better understanding of their operational data. The data science role will occasionally need to work further upstream with engineering to understand how data is created within the production systems so their analytical understanding can align with the production environments. This role will have the opportunity to work with every department at Vercel to increase the quality and quantity of data decisions.
Data Scientists at Vercel should be comfortable using:
- Data/BI tools to produce dashboards and reports (e.g., Snowflake, dbt, Preset)
- SQL for exploratory analysis and outcome-focused business decisions
- Understand the experimental design process (e.g., tests of statistical significance, power analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- At least one general-purpose programming language (Python, R, Julia, Golang)
- Asynchronous communication during project planning, documentation, and reporting
- Kind, optimistic, and passionate about data at Vercel!
The role should be able to work with stakeholders to refine and convert their business requirements into reproducible data operations. You must be very comfortable with quantitative analysis, qualitative inferences, statistical measures, and statistical tests. Knowledge of machine learning is excellent but not a core requirement of this position. The data team expects to hire machine learning engineers in the future who will specialize in shipping predictive models into the production ecosystem.
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.