This role is focused on understanding and improving the outcomes experienced by the children and families in Brightline’s care. This deeply cross-functional role will work with Clinical Research, Care Ops, Client Reporting, Sales/Marketing and of course collaborate closely with other data scientists.
- Supporting the research and publication roadmap owned by the Chief Medical Officer with statistical and analytics expertise
- Understanding what drives outcomes for our families so we can make the right product investments
- Collaborating with other data scientists to bring outcomes expertise into areas across the company including member-facing data products, OKRs, client reports, sales materials, to name a few.
Skills and behaviors we value:
- Great communication and empathy: being able to quickly agree on the most important work areas and stay in sync with engineers, PMs and others in the company is what enbles Brightline to move quickly. We have a very friendly, high-empathy team where multiple perspectives are valued and we want to keep that great culture going.
- Freedom and responsibility: this role will have a lot of freedom and influence in the work that we do. You will own important areas of the product and be the DS point of contact for clinical research.
- Desire to learn and improve: in an early-stage company there will be lots of exciting changes that will require you to learn new things and grow. If that is exciting to you then you will fit right in.
- SQL and Python/R: being able to do advanced/readable SQL queries is important. We will also use Python and/or R for both ad hoc analysis and automated insights and pipelines. This includes SQL transforms (dbt), statistical analysis and visualization. If your statistical experience is focused on another set of tools (Julia, SPSS, JMP, etc) that is great; continual learning is a big part of this role and you will have a chance to influence what we use and also expand your skills to new tools.
- Applied Statistics: Hands-on depth with statistical modeling at the calibre of peer-reviewed publications is an important skill for this role. You will have a lot of influence on how we use regression, causal modeling and other methods to help our families.
- Health Economics: if you have experience or interest in health econ and claims analysis that is a plus, but not required for the role.
- You likely have 4+ years of professional experience in health tech, academia, payers or health systems. If you do not have 4 years of work experience but you have some unusual background that you think prepares you for this role we definitely would love to talk to you and learn more.
- Experience in consumer-focused health tech is very valuable.
- Experience with behavioral health is a plus.
- Experience publishing peer-reviewed articles on clinical or cost outcomes is very valuable.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area and our Data Science leadership is based in the Atlanta metro area. This role is eligible to permanently work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.