WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue is a nonprofit that builds tech and infrastructure for Democratic campaigns, progressive-aligned causes, and people trying to make an impact in order to fuel long-term, people-powered change. If you’ve ever given online to a Democrat or progressive organization, chances are you’ve used our powerful online fundraising platform.
We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and help thousands of groups — from presidential candidates to environmental organizations — build grassroots movements. We envision a democracy where everyone looking to make progressive people-powered change can easily and effectively deploy their resources, energy, and creativity to shape our country and futures. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
The Data and Reporting Department is a new department under the Outreach umbrella at ActBlue. The Data Services Manager will report to the Outreach Data & Reporting Director. Their primary role will be to develop, maintain, and support the Outreach Department’s data and reporting needs by creating systems that align current and future data insights with the department’s goals and needs. They will also work with Outreach leadership to build reporting structures, manage data services associates, and collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure data standards are current and accurate.
This role will serve as a leader within the Outreach Department and oversee the Data Services subteam that reports and provides insight on the work of account management teams. They will work in tandem with the Outreach Data and Reporting Director and Outreach Data Systems Manager to ensure teams have the information needed to monitor and achieve goals. They will also automate processes and tasks to ensure Outreach staff has the visibility and awareness they need to understand and assist the entities utilizing ActBlue tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Serve as a leader on the Outreach Data and Reporting team, providing a strategic thought partnership to the Director in honing departmental strategy and goals.
- Manage and oversee the work of the Data Services sub-team.
- Lead the data services sub-team in building processes, procedures, and coverage plans necessary to meet the data and reporting needs of Outreach teams.
- Coordinate with Outreach leadership to establish measurable goals and consistent metrics for account management teams.
- Work with Outreach leadership to elevate data insights and trends about prospective and current ActBlue users and tool usage.
- Collaborate with the Data Systems Manager to build a holistic view of all Outreach data and reporting.
- Work closely with other departments within ActBlue and ActBlue Technical Services to understand and align the work and needs of the Outreach Department.
- Assess knowledge gaps and strategize filling data needs that will further institutional knowledge and information sharing.
- Manage and support the professional development of junior staff.
- Direct project management and delegation of large, complex projects as assigned.
- Complete other projects as necessary.
- Lead the creation of work plans for direct reports and ensure professional development of team members.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least four years of data, reporting and CRM usage experience.
- At least three years of staff management experience preferred.
- Experience collaborating and building relationships with teams across an organization.
- Experience creating robust work plans and executing large-scale project management;
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and SQL.
- Experience with data pipelines and data hygiene standards.
- Familiarity with BI tools, such as Looker or Tableau preferred.
- Familiarity with either R or Python, with an emphasis on data visualization and data automation a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience working on an interdisciplinary team that encouraged skill-sharing and professional development.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with teammates and partners.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION:
This posting is for a full-time, salaried position. This can be a fully remote position, or can work out of the ActBlue’s office located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from the MBTA Red Line. ActBlue is authorized to support remote work in these states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wisconsin.
Salary Range: $76,000 – 95,000, depending on experience
This supervisory role is not part of the Bargaining Unit position: Certain employees who report to this position may be covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Flexible work schedules and an unlimited time-off policy.
- Fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families.
- Automatic 2% 401K contribution, plus up to 6% match.
- Three months paid parental leave for all new parents, adoptions included; 4 weeks of a fully paid flexible work schedule; plus an additional one week of paid leave and an additional one week of flexible work schedule for every full year the employee has worked for ActBlue.
- Commuter or home-office benefits, including a $1,000 home-office setup allowance for all new full-time remote employees.
- Additional perks including monthly snack deliveries and digital subscriptions to the Boston Globe & New York Times.
ActBlue is unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, including using our online system to apply for a position.