About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
The Data Visualization Designer will help bring people’s information to life in digestible and actionable ways across our suite of health and wellness apps. We’re seeking a dynamic teammate with a considered, human-centered approach to visual, data, and interaction design, who can work collaboratively across our fully distributed Design, Product, and Engineering orgs. You’re a critical thinker, front-end fanatic, and student of design.
In this role, you will:
- Solve user problems and craft quality experiences from the first touchpoint to people’s continued, engaged interaction with our products and features
- Establish data visualization design standards, best practices, and frameworks to make data tools more accessible, compelling, and actionable
- Ensure consistency across our experiences by helping to evolve our design systems and guidelines
- Define systems, patterns, and approaches to intake various data inputs and output personalized, holistic guidance, and feedback
- Drive research explorations and critique sessions, share feedback with stakeholders, and assist with making data-driven product decisions
- Understand user needs, motivations, and behaviors through a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in product or data visualization design
- An optimistic problem solver and creative thinker who enjoys difficult design challenges
- Prior experience using real and extensive data sets via D3.js, chart.js, or equivalent
- A design portfolio with case studies of projects you’ve directly owned or contributed to, including detailed explanations of your work’s impact on the user experience and our company KPIs
- Deep experience in Figma, Sketch, Framer, Photoshop, Illustrator; knowledge of Premiere, After Effects, and Lottie a plus
- An ability to work closely with your cross-functional partners to quickly identify user problems or product specifications, define KPIs, iterate on possible solutions, and create considered experiences
- Experience in balancing ambiguity, fast iterative sprints, and high design quality
- An adaptive and nimble nature that’s open to feedback and critique in order to continuously grow and improve
*If the above describes you please be sure to submit your portfolio along with your resume.*
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!