We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated Database specialist who is passionate about relational (and other) databases, SQL, fine tuning DB parameters and who is able to work with application developers to guide them best practices to implement database code in a secure yet performant fashion.
- Analyze, identify and fix general performance issues.
- Own database monitoring, from setting it up to monitoring key performance metrics
- Support development teams by reviewing SQL code and providing best practices
- Plan database upgrades and participate in related maintenances
- Provide on-call support for troubleshooting DBMS issues
- Ensure database backups and data validity
Who you are:
- Mastery of the SQL language
- Deep technical understanding of PostgreSQL internal
- Experienced in fine-tuningt PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with Database design
- Able to work with multiple development teams to review and help them improve their SQL coding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.