What You’ll Be Working On:
- Work closely with SREs and Engineers to build highly resilient, performant and globally replicated databases.
- Take the lead with schema design, data modeling and query optimization to ensure high application performance.
- Design, create and maintain cloud database infrastructure on Amazon Web Services. Build automation around database problems like performance tuning, backups, restores, failover, schema changes and disaster recovery testing.
- Provide a database performance and availability lens on designs and code reviews.
- Implement observability and analytics tooling to help detect performance bottlenecks and prevent issues before they happen.
- Educate other members on the engineering team to be their own DBA with the applications they work with.
What You Bring to Reify Health:
- Strong expertise and development skills with PostgreSQL. Ability to implement logical replication and active-active replication strategies.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL features like Foreign Data Wrappers, Event Triggers, etc.
- Ability to implement backwards compatible approaches to database migrations.
- Ability to implement and educate teams on database security best practices.
- Experience with Amazon RDS, Aurora, IAM Based authentication. Well versed in database analytics, logging and observability tooling, able to detect anomalies in performance and automatically handle them.
- Ability to work closely with engineering teams and various stakeholders across the business.
- Experience forming and executing disaster recovery plans and reporting on metrics related to those activities.
- Ability to write tooling to automate common DBA processes.
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPRExperience with event systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ and how they fit with data ingestion.
- Experience with implementing cross-region replication, especially on AWS.
- Intimate knowledge of database engine internals, have the capability to write extensions if needed.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!).
- Knowledge of other data stores like Elasticsearch, Redis, Graph Databases, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee – we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First Our workforce is geographically distributed so that we are attractive to a broader population of candidates
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave