Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations – including government agencies and nonprofits – use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people-data in containers called merits, and permission them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Merit has been widely adopted and used by numerous organizations:
-The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50
Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
–BARBICIDE® partnered with Merit to provide digital credentials to beauty professionals worldwide, exceeding two million digital, portable, shareable BARBICIDE® merits sent to date through Merit’s verified identity platform. The merits are granted for completion of BARBICIDE’s widely utilized courses on safety standards and best-practices.
–Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture,
products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
1. Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth, and merits represent truth.
2. Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
3. A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
4. Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
5. Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
In this role you will oversee demand generation and campaign management to support our business lines and customer delivery/implementation teams for both pre- and post-sales activity. You must have a strong background in B2B and/or B2C marketing and know how to develop, execute, and optimize customer acquisition strategies as well as nurture, retention, cross-sell, and upsell programs. Additionally, you must be comfortable with Hubspot (as a CMS, CRM, and marketing automation platform) and possess web development and project management skills.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. You will be promoting Merit to government agencies, private and public companies, nonprofits, plus their customers, constituents, and partners. This is a full-time, 100% remote role, as a key individual contributor reporting to the Vice President of Marketing. This role is ideal for an experienced Demand Gen expert that wants to use and expand their skills on new audience segments in new ways.
- In collaboration with sales, marketing, operations, account management, and customer support, manage the development of full marketing campaigns to our customers (the people who pay for Merit), as well as our customers’ customers (the people who use Merit). You’ll reach the full funnel – from prospect, nurture, and opportunity to adoption, engagement, upsell, and retention.
- Structure and manage paid campaigns across channels including social media, trade shows, content sponsorship, etc. in collaboration with the executive, marketing, and GTM teams.
- Coordinate, prepare, and coach the GTM team for marketing programs using project management tools and communications channels.
- Collaborate across the marketing team to understand needs and schedules for communications related to product releases, client notifications, physical and digital events, newsletters, and other outbound communications.
- Work with marketing, design, and GTM leadership to gather campaign ideas and content, develop performance projections to ensure alignment with target industries and sales pipeline goals, and execute campaigns.
- Develop and manage best practices and ongoing testing strategy for campaigns, lead sources, messaging, CTAs, and landing pages.
- Measure, analyze, and report on key metrics to assess results and optimize campaigns.
- Maintain consistent internal communication across meetings and tools (Asana, Slack), to keep the team updated and aligned on progress towards goals.
- 5+ years of B2B marketing experience with at least 1 year in software marketing.
- Experience planning, executing, and reporting on lead generation and nurture campaigns through Hubspot. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM.
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Ads, as well as the LinkedIn and Facebook ad platforms.
- Experience in reporting key marketing metrics, such as cost per lead, customer acquisition cost, etc.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills, as demonstrated through previous experience.
- Ability to prepare content and present to both formal and informal audiences.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- A passion for Merit’s mission.
- BS in marketing, business, communications or a related field is a plus.
- Bonus points for experience with the tools we use, such as Salesforce, ZoomInfo, Asana, and Figma.
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.