6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future.
We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a Deployment Engineer at 6RS, you will lead implementation of collaborative mobile robots and software to showcase the latest in warehouse automation. This is an opportunity to represent 6 River Systems as the primary contact for customers implementing innovative technology. In this new position, you will:
- Lead implementations at marketing and partner sites and address challenging problems to launch autonomous mobile robots in busy trade show environments
- Partner with Go-to-Market Teams (warehouse management, executive sponsors, and technical leads) to achieve milestones, address challenging problems, and our goal of converting leads into new customers and raving fans of 6RS
- Position and pitch our solution to prospects and partners
- Train New Customers on 6RS technology, answer questions, and address uncertainty to ensure satisfaction with new technology
- Test and Validate integration with customer systems while onsite
- Evaluate Performance Metrics to ensure success and continuous improvement
We’re looking for a Deployment Engineer with technical knowledge and a customer-focused mindset. To succeed in this new position, you will need:
- Excellent Project Management skills as every demo deployment is different, so it is vital that processes are clearly outlined and followed in order to avoid missing steps.
- Customer-focused approach and commitment to ensuring customer success with new technology
- Ability to communicate with sales, marketing and operations executives.
- Ability to address unexpected challenges while onsite – you will need to solve challenging problems to implement 6RS technology in each customer’s warehouse environment
- Excellent time management skills, comfort operating with uncertainty, and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Curiosity and interest in learning about new technologies
Bonus (which you’ll learn on the job!)
- Experience working with and troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
- Experience working alongside a commercial organization
- Learning sales and marketing strategies and tactics
- Familiarity with Linux and writing scripts to automate tasks
- Familiarity with databases and the ability to write and edit SQL queries
Preferred Skills: This would help you with ramping up, but they’re not required day one
- Computer Vision
- Linux System Administration
- Automated Software Testing
- Web Services
Travel: Deployment Engineers travel frequently (more than 50% of the time) to be onsite with customers during implementations. These implementations typically last 3-4 weeks and the most complex implementations require additional time onsite.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.
6RS is an equal opportunity employer committed to building diverse teams.