We’re searching for a data-driven, customer-focused design lead to help us attract and retain HubSpot customers. In this role, you’ll harness the power of experimentation to create a high-impact design strategy for the Growth Monetization product team, while also mentoring fellow product designers. Along the way, you’ll partner closely with product management, engineering, analytics, research, and content design leads, as well as stakeholders from across the company to achieve high-level business and customer goals.
The problems you’ll work on:
On Growth Monetization, we use a hybrid model for product-led growth with freemium features, free trials, and pricing pages to help current and prospective customers evaluate which HubSpot plan is right for them. In this role specifically, you’ll be responsible for the paywalls and upgrade points throughout the product, using customer data and experimentation to create a holistic strategy around when these upgrade points appear, what design patterns they use, what they message to customers, and more. Through it all, you’ll help create an upgrade strategy that helps our customers make the most of HubSpot, while also aligning to high-level business goals.
The Design Lead role:
Our design leads are embedded on product teams and mentor fellow designers, taking on a true player/coach role. Your goal will be to create simple and powerful experiences that enable our customers to be more successful, both for the team you are embedded on and through coaching the designers you lead.
- Mentor a small team of designers, helping set up impactful design and experimentation practices, reviewing work, and coaching on quality
- Demonstrate, champion, and coach others on UX quality, using design heuristics and patterns from our design system
- Use qualitative and quantitative data, as well as thoughtful experimentation, to create a design strategy that spans multiple product areas
- Move quickly, be flexible, and build strong and compelling user journeys, information architecture, and interaction and visual designs
- Lead usability testing and empathy sessions to understand the core needs of our customers
- Proactively gather quantitative data to better understand customer behavior and how it impacts overall UX strategy
- Clearly communicate UX strategy to stakeholders from across the business, educating them on user problems and design process
- Build strong relationships across the organization, partnering with your cross-product design team, engineering, product management, and the broader business
- Act as a thought leader to help UX leadership expand organizational UX strategy and vision
- Influence leadership and help them understand the impact and vision of design.
Top candidates will have:
- Experience creating an experimentation strategy and using results to craft a results-driven, customer-focused UX vision
- Understanding of how to gather, analyze, and interpret quantitative data
- Experience conducting and interpreting user research, as well as a strong understanding of how to use results to drive a design strategy
- Ability to act as a self-starter, proactively using UX frameworks and data to manage ambiguity and provide a clear path toward achieving the highest-impact customer and business goals
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, as well as experience working with stakeholders from across an organization to establish objectives, set high-level strategies, and advocate for the user
- Strong visual design skills, including experience creating and adhering to design patterns, as well as the proven ability to create simple, elegant, and accessible solutions for complex problems
- A developed sense for how to balance speed, quality, and consistency of design
- Ability to provide and encourage thoughtful feedback on designs, as well as identify overlaps and efficiencies between team members’ work
- Direct experience providing mentorship, goal-setting, growth coaching, and accountability to designers
- Ability to deliver clear, direct, and actionable feedback without shying away from difficult conversations when there’s friction or uncertainty
- Ability to build a team; knowledge of how to screen and interview new candidates for your team and other cross-functional teams across the organization
- Understanding of how to foster team health and bring a sense of mission to the group you lead and to the broader UX team. This includes creating a safe space for DI&B discussions, driving thoughtful team organization, aligning strengths to problems, and providing opportunities for career growth through additional responsibility or potential impact.
- Experience working on a Growth team is a plus.
How do we design? Learn more about our Design Philosophy: Design System Article
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
Per HubSpot’s policy all employees who wish to work @office or @flex or to visit an office in-person must be fully-vaccinated. At this time, @remote employees are not required to be vaccinated.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.