Appcues is a platform that empowers thousands of SaaS companies to design beautiful in-app experiences that influence their user’s behavior — without writing any code.
We’re looking for a Product Design Team Lead to join our Product Org! We seek a hands-on team player with a meticulous eye for design, and a drive to create beautiful experiences for our customers. The Design Team Lead position is a “player-coach” role that involves a small number of direct reports, while also holding individual contributor responsibilities. We expect this amounts to approximately a 70/30 split for the player/coach aspect.
Your responsibilities will include
- Working collaboratively on meaningful opportunities with a motivated and happy team.
- Leading and mentoring a small team of designers, helping to prioritize projects and ensure they are completed swiftly and with a high level of quality
- Expertly guiding your team through the design process to make things that aren’t considered done until users love them
- Use tools of your choosing (but maybe: paper, whiteboards, Whimsical, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Framer X, or code)
- Leading the team in user testing & research on a regular basis as a foundation for making a great product
- Helping to mature a design system that improves usability, consistency, and efficiency
You might be a great fit if you…
- Have at least 5+ years of experience as a product or UX designer, on either web or mobile products in the consumer or enterprise space
- Have experience managing or mentoring designers on your team
- Are confident in efficiently executing the classic design process, and have internalized why each stage is important
- Are excited to share your work and receive feedback, and respectfully and helpfully do the same for your peers
- Have a drive to improve anything you touch, and enjoy working with others to make things better
- Are practical and outcome-oriented, motivated by making an impact on the user experience in both the short- and long-term
US-based Base Salary Range: $140,000 – $165,000 annually.
Note – Appcues uses a market-data driven approach to setting compensation ranges, and pins compensation ranges to data provided by third-party organizations. This range is for all US-based candidates and is built to be competitive nationwide by utilizing ranges for the Greater Boston area, regardless of where in the US an employee lives (or later relocates). This range represents salary-based compensation and does not include our equity package (in stock options), 401k match, or other benefits including an office setup budget, tech budget, training and education budget, and co-working space reimbursements. Actual compensation offered to a successful applicant may be based on job-related experience and other factors consistent with applicable law. For non-US based candidates, Appcues adjusts salary ranges based on cost of labor in each market. If you have questions on the pay range in your country, the recruiter will be happy to discuss specifics during your introductory conversation.”
Appcues’ mission is to help teams deliver experiences their users love. Our vision is for every software company to embrace product-led growth, resulting in more engaged and happier users.
100% remote – We don’t have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won’t change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and we get together annually for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being – You’ll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay – Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget – Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us – Home office not cutting it? We’ll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity – We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration – We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Flexible Time Off – We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so employees don’t accrue vacation time – they work with their managers to schedule time off when they need it, consistent with our Flexible Time Off policy. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.