Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve.
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Designer to work with us to bring engaging and accessible design to our innovative family of Language Arts and Phonics print products. The Designer is responsible for working collaboratively with other Creative team members, Production and Editorial – to develop and produce compelling visual designs from concept through to completed product. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment, and will have a passion for exploring and working to solve issues of inequity within education.
This is a 3-6 month temporary contract.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven company and team that are focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Influence the creation of educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure culturally responsive resources
- Work with the Creative team members to establish design and image solutions for new print products.
- Develop design prototypes and layout solutions that are responsive to our core product values of student accessibility and engagement.
- Design components and features with a focus on Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus on the idea that engaged learners are better learners
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Graphic Design, related discipline or comparable experience
- 2-3 years of experience in print production and design processes, including layout, page composition, and careful attention to typography
- Experience in educational or children’s publishing and/or media a plus
- Experience developing art programs, including directing illustrators, photo research, image preparation and image manipulation
- Expert proficiency in Adobe CC suite of applications (PS, AI, INDD); proficiency with Microsoft Office. (Mac OS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work with in a collaborative team-based development process