Curriculum Associates hires people, not positions. If you feel energized by what you read here, but aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! We believe diverse backgrounds lead to innovative thinking, making our products better for the 8 million students we serve.
We are seeking a talented and collaborative Designer to bring engaging and accessible design to our innovative family of Mathematics print products. The Senior Designer will work collaboratively across teams to develop and produce compelling visual designs from concept through to completed product.
The impact you’ll have:
- Join a mission-driven organization focused on developing educational resources that support anti-racist beliefs
- Be an integral part of creating educational resources that are used by 8 million students across the country
- Develop products in collaboration with the educators we serve, as well as work with industry leaders and organizations to ensure we produce culturally responsive and equitable resources
- Design components and features that support an ideal Teacher and Student usability, never losing focus that engaged learners are better learners
- Work with other Creative team members to establish design and image solutions for new and existing print products across our K-8 product line
- Create unique design solutions that promote a sense of fun and engagement with Mathematics content for all young learners
- Develop design prototypes and layout solutions that are responsive to core product values
of student accessibility, engagement, and understanding
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of style guides, templates, spec sheets, branding guidelines, process documentation, and offer input on streamlining design and production workflow
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree or a comparable level of experience
- 2-3 years of experience in print design processes and production, including layout, page composition, and careful attention to typography
- Experience in educational or children’s publishing and/or media is a plus
- Experience developing and implementing a product-specific visual design plan, including directing illustrators, photo research and image preparation/manipulation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to articulate art/design strategy to non-design stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a collaborative team-based development process
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Mac OS
Location: This position will be remote.