What You’ll Do
- This is a very flexible role; you’ll get to join a growing team and shape your own key activities.
- Actively engaging with engineering and technical communities that are passionate about using the highest quality open source components in their applications to minimize risk, re-work, and technical debt.
- Identifying and leading or creating innovative integrations and solutions to help users interact with Sonatype in different environments.
- Generating and engaging in public content within the larger technical community including expert interviews, product overviews, and educational efforts.
- Design and create demos, reference apps and sample codes that closely match our target customer use cases. Publicly share the source code on Github, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Champion relevant Sonatype products and services to your target community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News and more.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with Product and Engineering teams.
- Write blog posts on technical topics of your choosing or create video tutorials.
- Organize virtual events (i.e., Hackathons), in-person events (post-COVID), and support the largest DevOps conference in the world run by Sonatype – All Day DevOps.
- Represent Sonatype at other virtual events and conferences.
- Work closely with the marketing team to drive thought leadership.
What You’ll Bring:
- Hands on experience with modern development tools, languages and ecosystems and process
- Strong written and oral communication skills and confidence in presentation skills
- Experience with engaging with other developers (through virtual events, communities, etc)
- Eagerness to build awareness of a growing product
- Pre-established credibility and recognition in public speaking engagements and technology publications/communities is preferred.
- A proven passion for evangelism of emerging software and engineering practices.
- An ability to explain complex technical topics in a plain English and approachable manner.
- Shared values with DevOps teams, developers, and AppSec.
- Accustomed to self-empowerment and an ability to plan and execute without direct management.
- A willingness to travel (when appropriate) and work autonomously.
Why Join Us?
- We’re a team that moves quickly and intentionally to build better developer tools.
- You’ll work directly with engineering and the product team while reporting into the Marketing organization.
- The role is flexible, so you’ll be able to set your own goals and propose your own initiatives.
- You’ll have direct, visible impact on the product’s growth and adoption.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
- Come see why we’ve won all of these awards