You’ll join our team to build the systems that enable developer communities to grow and sustain themselves. We’re UI engineers who build tools for fellow UI engineers. We care about the craft of development and will only ship work we can be proud of.
DX combines engineering with communication and community. You’ll work on everything from coding learning sites to automating workflows and promoting community members.
- Develop plugins and microsites that inspire the community
- Launch events and projects that help developers learn from each other
- Connect folks who have similar goals
- Promote the work of developers in our community
- Maintain and streamline automations that power the DX team
- Nurture community across existing channels GitHub, email, and chat
- Experiment with new channels to reach developers
- Recommend community improvements to product, marketing, and design. Or go ahead and make the improvements yourself.
- Extensive CSS experience (e.g animations, tricky layouts)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active involvement in a developer community – you’ll use this experience to grow our community
- Solid understanding of community member lifecycle from awareness to participation to retention
- Marketing basics: building an audience across channels and engaging with them
Time zones: US Pacific Time to Central European Time
Who you’ll work with
Why work here?
Build the tools behind the biggest sites. Our products help companies develop UIs for hundreds of millions of people.
Have a big impact and learn a ton by working across open source, cloud services, and developer experience. You’ll ship products you can be proud of.
Now is the best time to join. Storybook is one of the fastest growing open source projects with wide adoption. We’re profitable and scaling quickly with customers like Shopify, Adobe, and BBC.
- Be respectful
- Take pride in the work
- Invest in each other
- Inspire others to grow
- Outcome over ego
- Don’t overthink it
- This is supposed to be fun
- Work from anywhere
- Annual retreats
- Health benefits for you and yours
- Parent and family-friendly
- Home office setup stipend
- Learning stipend
- Unlimited vacation
Everyone talks to customers
The best way to serve customers is to talk to them. We schedule one day a week for you to get to know our users first-hand. You’ll learn about their challenges, answer questions, implement improvements, and support their success.
Our top secret business model
Build an open source project to scratch our own itch. Build production-grade cloud services that complement the open source project. Use that money to build more open source stuff. Along the way, make UI development faster and more satisfying for everyone. About us
Join an inclusive team
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, nationality, belief system, sexual orientation, gender, age, military service, marital or partnership status, family or parental status, disability or any other status protected by law. View other openings