As a Developer Experience Engineer, what will you be doing?
- TL;DR – this is an extremely influential role at Stackbit and will focus on making sure we have amazing developer tools and the right documentation in place to make our developers (customers and partners) successful
- Your main goal is to make it easy, streamlined, and fun to build awesome stuff on top of our platform and the Jamstack
- Work closely with product, engineering, support, users & partners to push the product to new heights, teach users what is possible with the JAMstack, and build tooling/docs/demos to attract people into our ecosystem
- You’ll be the most active dogfooder of our systems and are expected to stretch, bend, and break the tools we offer to make things better for the ever expanding group of developers:
- Building demo applications with bleeding edge tech
- Coming up with innovative & creative ways to build things on Stackbit
- Working with other SAAS companies and onboarding them as partner integrations
- Building a world class developer experiences including tooling, CLI
- Creating content/talks/presentations spreading awareness on what’s truly possible on Stackbit
- One of the core responsibilities of this role would be to create world-class documentation for our developers, revamping and restructuring our technical documentation, creating deeply technical how-tos, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- You will contribute to our overall developer strategy with your industry experience, relationships, and knowledge of developer best practices, trends, and concepts
Minimum requirements for the role
- Deep knowledge of and experience with the node.js ecosystem, static site generators, and headless CMS and other components of modern / Jamstack web development
- Experience with building and maintaining technical developer documentation and a passion to educate developers and make them successful.
- At least 3 years of senior experience in Developer Experience Engineering
- Front-end development experience
- Startup experience – fully autonomous, working without a handbook and defining your own role as you go along, quickly adapting to changes and excited by moving fast and driving impact
What will make us a good fit together?
- At Stackbit, we believe it is never “somebody else’s problem” and we greatly appreciate team players who jump at the chance to make things happen
- You enjoy writing and creating content that will help other developers and users accomplish their goals and make them successful
- Ability to take a deep dive to find the root cause of an issue and work with the team to resolve it to the delight of our users
- Take pride in owning your successes and failures and use them to improve your work and the work of those around you, to build a better product and team
- You enjoy giving feedback and welcome receiving it. We strongly believe in constructive delivery that helps everyone become a better version of themselves
- Impact-driven – We understand our users, set and prioritize objectives, find the correct way to measure how we’re doing against those objectives and ruthlessly execute, while monitoring actual impact vs. projected impact to constantly improve
- Able to communicate across countries and cultures, and engage in discussions about the product in a meaningful way. Comfortable working with a fully distributed, global team, with different timezones and availabilities