Developer Co-op Term Fall 2021
Guusto is on a mission to rid the world of bad workplace culture!
We help HR leaders build employee recognition programs, so their people feel appreciated, engaged and inspired.
We are on an exciting trajectory, having seen over 300% growth in 2020 and are now the #1 highest rated recognition and rewards platform on G2 with 1000+ 5 star reviews. We power programs for thousands of clients like Levi’s, Harvard, Raptors, Fairmont and more.
As a member of our development team, you can expect to work with some amazingly talented developers invested in your growth and development. As a start-up, we give our co-ops the independence to work on key features and own their projects with the help of a designated mentor and supportive team. You will be working collaboratively with the Product and Customer Success teams to ensure that every piece of code being deployed supports our clients to create exceptional employee experiences for their teams.
- Salary: $30,000-$50,000
- Job Type: Full-time, Co-op September 2021
In your first 3 months, you will…
- Set up your developer environment with the help of your designated mentor.
- Learn our development and sprint cycles, ticketing and grading system (we use a SCRUM and Agile methodology).
- Learn the Guusto tech stack and deploy your first code changes.
- Take on and finish your first project or feature.
- Work with the product manager to define your tasks and projects.
By the end of your co-op, you will…
- Have built, reviewed and deployed a full feature of the Guusto product.
- Worked closely with Product and CS to build solutions for customer pain points.
- Worked on multiple projects that touch on different parts of the Guusto app.
- Become an expert in everything Guusto and HR Tech.
As a collaborative small team, we are looking for someone to join us to help design, build, and ship quality software, take business objectives and customer requests to iterate and build amazing UI/UX components, backend services, APIs, and scalable database architecture. We use the following stack:
- Object-Oriented concepts and MVC frameworks
- Angular JS
- REST APIs
Additional Application Information
- We are a remote-first organization with employees in multiple cities and provinces and accept applications from anyone able to work in Canada. If you are located in the Vancouver area, you are welcome to use our main office at 1155 W Pender St.
- Term: September 2021 Fall Co-op (some flexibility in exact start/finish date)
- 8-months preferred / 4-months will be considered for an exceptional candidate
We have offered jobs to several outstanding co-ops after their term is completed. If you’re passionate about what you do and are excited to own your projects and join a fast-paced team, then we would love to hear from you.