dotCMS is looking for an experienced Developer Relations Engineer to build, grow, and inspire a community of application developers on the dotCMS Platform. This is a hands-on, highly visible role that involves collaboration with multiple stakeholders across the company and with partners.
The Developer Relations Engineer is focused on making the experience of using the dotCMS Platform engaging, simple, and amazing for developers. It’s all about shaping a new developer’s experience by providing guidance and learning resources needed for a dotCMS developer to be successful. You will work directly with Engineering, Support, Product Management, Marketing, and Documentation teams to create and nurture a vibrant developer community for our customers and partners.
We’re proud to be 100% remote! dotCMS has been fully remote for over a decade and as an employee, you may work remotely from any location that is compatible with standard U.S. business hours. Please note that we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role, and we are not accepting part-time contractors or C2C candidates.
- Serve as a trusted technical peer and community advocate by generating content and engaging in events – blog posts, videos, code examples, reference plugins, workshops, meetups, webinars etc.
- Manage and grow dotCMS’s online user community, forums, slack channel and other developer-focused social channels
- Work with internal teams to showcase how dotCMS can be used for solutions to common problems facing modern web developers
- Have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies, build prototypes to try out new ideas and stitch together end-to-end solutions
- Represent the voice of the developer to internal and external stakeholders regarding their interests, needs and desires
- Be social and passionate about connecting with other developers and helping them become better at their craft
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and communication skills; can deliver content to both developer and executive audiences
- Strong analytical skills, able to explore and research ambiguous problem spaces and translate customer needs into actionable, meaningful units of work
- Working knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of the full stack needed for development – linux, scripting languages, bash, docker, git, k8
- Experience configuring and/or implementing dotCMS or another similar CMS
- Experience building Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions in a product management, engineering, or consultative capacity
- Experience with integration, middleware, and orchestration platforms
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. Full time employees are also eligible to share in the success of our company through our equity package.
Your Team. We are a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry, and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team, and we offer annual company paid training and development to our employees.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us, and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We will periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to produce key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We offer a comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan with 100% monthly premium coverage for employees. Additionally, we also offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave, STD and LTD.
Your Office. We are a 100% remote work company. We value you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and a generous amount of paid company holidays.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.