Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
The Developer Support Engineer (DSE) ensures that Jama Software’s customers have a great experience with our product. They engage with existing and prospective customers in both our cloud and self-hosted implementations. The DSE has product understanding (including 3rd party integrated products) to respond to escalated and more complex back-end support and configuration issues, and partner with Product and Engineering to provide custom scripting for complex solutions and workarounds.
What You’ll Do:
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm or 9 am – 6 pm in your time zone
- Will participate in an on-call rotation
- Provide functional support for JamaConnect to customers, Jama partners, and Jama employees through Zendesk, chat, and screen shares
- Support self-hosted customers with new installations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Troubleshoot self-hosted installations, upgrades, and migrations when they go awry
- Work closely with customers to identify, reproduce, and log defects.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation
- Analyze logs: support bundles, datadog, and other internal resources
- Accepts escalations from Business Support Specialists (BSS) and Technical Support Engineers (TSEs)
- Mentors BSSs and TSEs on how to better approach problems outside their scope
- Attend training sessions to keep up to date on Jama Software’s evolving features and supported environment changes
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years supporting Java-based web applications
- Ability to dig into code, understand the logic and write scripts to automate and debug
- 3+ years navigating databases and crafting SQL queries using MySQL and/or MSSQL
- 3+ years using the Linux command line to parse log files and configure system settings
- 3+ years of troubleshooting firewalls and proxies
- 3+ years working with REST APIs
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- 3+ years supporting a SaaS product or web app
- Use Zendesk, IntelliJ IDEA, VirtualBox, Visual VM, and the command line to troubleshoot, reproduce and resolve issues
- Customer centric with a focus on building customer relationships
- Strong communication in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small, and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Arango DB is preferred, but not required
- East Coast time zone.
Perks and Benefits:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and hard-working leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
If you get to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Jama Software’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.