Tackle.io enables enterprise software companies to accelerate the use of Cloud Marketplaces like AWS, Azure and Google. Our vision is to transform the way software is bought and sold with a laser focus on helping customers build and drive significant channels of revenue through the Cloud Marketplaces.
You’d be a good fit if you value:
Progress over process
Treating one another fairly
Flexible, remote first culture
Light-weight process and high autonomy
DevOps Engineers will be a part of a well-funded, fully remote, growth-stage company helping shape the way that software is bought and sold in the Cloud Marketplaces (AWS, GCP, Azure and Red Hat). We are built on the foundation that a 100% remote team can be the healthiest, happiest and most productive; from the beginning we have been intentionally building a phenomenal culture that ensures everyone feels connected no matter where they are working from. Our platform has enabled some of the software industry’s most successful names to get listed, start selling, and scale their Cloud Marketplace operations.
Tackle’s Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for talented engineers to craft solid and reliable software at a sustainable pace. We balance consistent innovation and improvement of existing products with new and exciting greenfield projects. You will work in an exciting, positive environment surrounded by kind, talented, creative people. Tacklers have a bias to action, and we act without ego; in all interactions we know it is critical to respect, value and support each other. We succeed and fail as a team, with a mindset of pursuing success instead of avoiding failure. Wellness is a critical pillar of the company and we live this value in a variety of ways, with empathetic servant leadership at every level and flexible working hours to ensure a healthy work-life harmony.
Developer experience at Tackle is rewarding; we work with modern toolchains and pipelines, where code is deployed to production multiple times per day. As a DevOps Engineer at Tackle, you will utilize your exceptional troubleshooting skills and keen interest in learning new technologies to support our phenomenal development team. This position will offer numerous opportunities to automate and improve existing processes as well as introduce new technologies. Working as an engineer at Tackle, expect to grow and evolve as an engineer by building and executing on a detailed growth plan tailored to your interests and aspirations.
In This Role You Will:
- Be a part of a high-performing service oriented team researching, designing, developing and maintaining cloud security architectural components.
- Working with AWS services at scale, constantly iterating with ephemeral infrastructure and services based on the day’s need.
- Recommend, implement and administer cloud, serverless, and application security controls.
- Working day to day with Terraform, AWS IAM and a variety of AWS Services.
- Implementing existing and new telemetry capabilities for greater visibility and observability into the Tackle architectural platform.
- Demonstrate a strong desire and passion to make automation a core tenant of the team’s practice to reduce toil and other impediments to the team’s progress.
- Work cross-functionally within a service team and be a core contributor in every significant engineering solution that is delivered
- Support the debugging of production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Participate in on-call rotations, along with every member of the engineering team
- Solid understanding of system design, including the operational trade-offs of various designs
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in thorough code reviews and troubleshooting complex issues.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers and learn from those who are more experienced to set the standard for the next generation of Tacklers.
- Be curious – strive to understand how your contributions tie into the larger picture of your team, your product and Tackle as a whole.
- Welcome different perspectives – be open and inclusive in every interaction.
You Should Have:
- You love to work with the AWS services stack and have demonstrable experience being successful at scale.
- Experience programming in Python, NodeJS or Go.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Bash or Powershell.
- Understand secrets management in containerized and serverless infrastructure.
- Development experience leveraging either SQL (Postgres or MySQL) or NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB or Elastic) for data storage.
- Desire to hold yourself and the team to high standards while evaluating technical trade-offs and delivering balanced solutions.
- Are self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Will thrive in a fully remote organization where flexible schedules require asynchronous communication.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form.
You Will Stand Out:
- Professional working experience deploying applications and managed services within AWS at scale.
- Have some form of AWS certification as a Cloud Architect, Developer, Security Engineer or DevOps Engineer.
- Spent time in an organization with an SRE business practice.
- Have experience building RESTful APIs in Python using the Flask or FastAPI frameworks.
- Have experience with PostgreSQL and/or DynamoDB.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and Terraform.
- Deployed and released code with a commercial or open source CI/CD pipeline tool.
- Have experience working with automated testing frameworks.
- Have a robust public portfolio in GitHub.
- Previously worked in a remote-first company.
- Have experience working in a rapidly scaling organization.
Great engineers can do great things, and that is far more important to us than technical specialties or degrees. Do you bring something special to the table that others don’t? Even if you aren’t a perfect match to our job description: apply anyway, we’d love to hear from you! We are always looking for people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives because they make us better, stronger and healthier as a company and a community.
Start with the customer – We exist to help sellers sell more & sell faster, and we measure all of our decisions with our customers’ goals at the forefront.
How we embody this value:
-We celebrate when our customers celebrate
-We’re active listeners and intent observers
-We always aim to be consistent, reliable, and trustworthy
Paint the art of the possible – We continuously innovate on how we do things, always looking for a better, smoother way for our customers and for each other.
How we embody this value:
-We think big to solve problems and make our customers lives easier
-We challenge the status quo, break down barriers, and aren’t afraid to experiment or get uncomfortable
-We take calculated risks, we own our mistakes, and we support one another
Operate with integrity – We have a bias for action and we communicate both internally and externally with candor, empathy, and authenticity.
How we embody this value:
-We first seek to understand and then take thoughtful action
-We are committed to fostering inclusivity and belonging for all employees
-We’re accountable for our work and responsive to issues impacting colleagues and customers
Learn and grow together – We work as a team, we celebrate wins, and we have fun together as we strive for professional and personal growth.
How we embody this value:
-We’re curious and cognizant of emerging tools, trends, and new ways of looking at old problems
-We’re purposeful about supporting and connecting with other teams across the company
-We invest in personal wellness & professional development and we believe in aligning personal and professional passions
We have a transparent and streamlined hiring process that can typically be completed in one to two weeks:
· Phone screen
· 3 additional video chat interviews (on occasion there may be opportunities for in-person interviews)
Benefits of joining the Tackle Team:
Full-time employees currently enjoy these amazing benefits:
· Work remotely
· Competitive Salary
· Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
· Company off-site Summits
· Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
· Internet and Phone Reimbursement
· $1000 Home ergo/office set up
· Generous Vacation Plan
· 401k with match
· Technology tools to do your best work
· Company Surprises and Swag
· Awesome Co-workers
We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We were born and built remote and welcome others who believe remote companies are the way companies will be built into the future. At this time, we can only accept applicants who reside within the United States.
Tackle.io is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation