About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help build the world’s best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current application stack consists mostly of React and Django/Python and runs on AWS using EC2, Redis, Celery, Rabbit MQ and Postgres. We use Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform to manage our infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and build systems and processes to ensure a scalable, secure, redundant, distributed production environment
- Improve automation of the deploy process and CI pipeline using DevOps best practices
- Drive infrastructure security initiatives
- Collaborate with broader engineering team on new feature rollouts
- Be on periodic on-call duty to support the infrastructure
- Ensure site uptime and performance SLAs are met
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission, vision, and values
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 2-5 years hands-on developing infrastructure and automation solutions in a high traffic, high scale, always up, always available environment
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer in a cloud environment.
- Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows using tools such as Github Actions, Jenkins, Spinnaker
- Familiarity with container orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience deploying, operating and debugging server software on Linux
- Strong grasp of modern Python development, preferably with Django
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox newly hired employees in the United States will not be required to be fully vaccinated, but will be required to disclose vaccination status. Associates traveling within the U.S. will no longer be required to attend safety briefings and Fiserv-sponsored events will no longer require proof of vaccination. All Fiserv associates can enter and work in Fiserv facilities regardless of vaccination status.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.