6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a DevOps Engineer at 6 River Systems, you will build flexible, scalable software infrastructure and tooling to support customer deployment and operation of warehouse automation systems. In this position, you will design, develop, test, and improve software tools and cloud infrastructure.
Here is what you will do:
- Develop new features across multiple domains (browser, cloud, and bots) as we build:
- Performant, resilient, horizontally scalable back-end web servers using NodeJS
- Embedded Linux systems based on Nvidia TX2 Platform
- Deploying production systems on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop software delivery pipelines and release tooling
- Work on tooling to support the monitoring, deployment, and development across cloud and robotic platforms using Prometheus, BigQuery, and Google Cloud Functions
- Participate in an on call rotation
Here is what you’ll need day one:
- Scrappy, yet thoughtful approach to problem solving
- Practical experience designing and developing scalable software
- Interest in and willingness to working with a variety of technologies, including:
- PostgreSQL Databases
- Knowledge of:
- Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Service Providers
- Relational databases and data modeling
- Networking / Network Architecture
- Microservices Architecture
- Knowledge of administering linux systems
- Commitment to rigorous testing and validation
Here is what you’ll do in your first 90 days:
- Deploy code that touches hundreds of Kubernetes namespaces
- Participate in debugging issues in the cloud and on our robotic fleet
- Write tooling that will help many developers become more efficient and make their daily lives better
- Implement the latest Kubernetes features to help keep 6 River Systems moving forward at an industry leading pace
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.