Crowdbotics is on a mission to democratize the software development process by providing entrepreneurs, product managers, and technical teams with the tools to build applications with zero to minimal coding.Embedded in our DNA are the following beliefs and values:
- open systems empower our customers to build future-proof businesses on our platform
- open architectures enable customers to leverage the “best-of-breed” technologies for their business and our platform should support and embrace them
- machine-generated code is just a means to an end. It needs to coexist with human-written code, and be readable by humans in order to be truly useful.
- customers stay on our platform because of the openness, flexibility, and value that our platform offers, and not because they are locked into our platform through inaccessible code.
- talent is global and we will strive to make it accessible to our customers with minimal effort.We are looking for like-minded people who believe in our mission, and share our vision of a world where anyone can build software – at scale.
Crowdbotics is an app-building PaaS running on top of major cloud infrastructure providers. The relationship to these stacks is mediated by Terraform, Docker, and our own set of deploy tools.
Our rapidly scaling system has started to incur significant usage costs and expenses as we’ve crossed 10000 apps running on the platform. We’re interested in finding someone to join our devops team and help chart a path to continued scale. You’ll work closely with our distributed engineering and product team, reporting to our VP of Engineering and working with our lead architect.
Here’s the kind of items you’ll take on:
* Minimizing our spend on Heroku by moving architecture from isolated instances to shared resources and automatically turning off unused apps
* Setting up deployment pathways via Terraform files to AWS and GCP
* Setting up autodeployers that allow users to migrate between AWS, GCP, and Heroku
* Setting up API interfaces that let us report to users on resources consumed by a given account
* Providing reporting tools that allow us to understand usage and spend by account
* Figuring out a unified method for credential management for third party services consumed by a given app
* Allowing deployment via Cloudflare resources
* Linking with Cloudflare DNS management files
You should have experience with Heroku and one additional: AWS, GCloud, Cloudflare, Terraform, and Docker.
If you know Kubernetes, it’s a huge plus!