Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
As a copywriter at Nav, you’ll bring the Nav brand to life and promote our products clearly and accurately to small business owners, across many channels, including emails, CTA’s, social and paid posts, and websites. This role balances creative, analytical, and strategic thinking. Whether you’re crafting email campaigns for small business owner’s who just got financing or creating scripts to help our customer success teams to explain invoice factoring to a construction company in business for 20+ years, you know how to tackle each challenge with customer empathy and a keen eye for conversion touchpoints.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH
- Contributing to the creation and evolution of our content strategy and the development and standardization of our content guidelines.complex information and bringing it to life through easily digestible, compelling copy that furthers the brand narrative.
- Coordinating the review process of your own copy through stakeholders, legal and compliance and consumer insights and incorporating feedback to make better decisions and improve your writing.
- Researching and writing about the small business financial landscape and how Nav solves challenges for both the ecosystem and our customer.
- Being a critical member of our team. We consider copy a strategic advantage and a key part of the customer experience. You will conceive, articulate, and create compelling copy.
- Contributing to the evolution of our content strategy and the development and standardization of our content guidelines. You’ll be instrumental in both improving existing copy and the development of the Nav brand voice moving forward.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience in developing digital marketing content and strategies, combining analytical and creative elements to position the brand competitively and build market share.
- An ability to present work back to stakeholders and guide them to the best solutions for the audience.
- You have experience writing various types of brand and marketing content, including ad copy, website copy, one-pagers, presentations, emails, and more across all digital platforms.
- You have worked across multiple functions to create compelling messaging and copy, including marketing, sales, design, product management, and CEO’s.
- You are data-driven, love to test new ideas, know how to work in a heavily compliant space, and feed off of small (and big wins) moving the needle with your copy.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates excellent conceptual thinking across integrated campaigns.
- You’re experienced at building out copy testing and strategies roadmaps and pushing for continuous testing and learning.
- You have had agency experience and written compelling copy for personalized consumer experience in industries like: B2B, Ecommerce, Financial Services or Fintech.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are passionate about solving problems and have a strong desire to deliver the best end-to-end user experience.
- You appreciate the beauty of written words. You are a master at flexing writing styles and tone to match your context and audience.
- You’re a mix of art and science. You utilize data and creative gusto to inform copy strategy and deliver impactful messaging, transforming users into long term customers.
- You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are writing for and make copy decisions based on their needs.
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- You’re attentive to detail but also able to see the big picture.
- You’re collaborative and curious, capable of doing deep discovery work to understand user needs before you start writing.
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy is Simple but Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A Naverick’s DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and points of view. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.