About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We make it possible for anyone to make a big impact on the elections that determine the balance of power in our country, by volunteering and donating in key races. Since our founding in 2017, the Swing Left community has raised $38 million directly for Democratic candidates and civic organizations, and completed 35 million volunteer-driven voter contact actions, including door knocking, phone calls, and letter writing.
The Digital Platforms Director will ensure quality and consistency of Swing Left’s email, social media, and podcast content. This role is responsible for the day-to-day editing and oversight of all email and social media content and adherence to digital and platform best practices. This role reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Campaigns and is an at-will position that we anticipate will end after the 2022 election cycle, with the possibility of extension into the 2024 election cycle.
- Manage team responsible for researching, editing, creating, and disseminating digital content
- Lead platform strategy development to meet organizational fundraising and volunteering goals in collaboration with Head of Marketing and Analytics team
- Provide day-to-day management and guidance for editing and oversight of email and social content
- Oversee and ensure quality assurance of website, email, social, and other written content
- In coordination with Analytics team, manage process for set up, tracking, and adjustment of email segmentation
- Lead digital content managers in monitoring platform engagement from a content perspective
- Coordinate with Community and Product/Tech teams to ensure adequate promotion of key CTAs and volunteer opportunities and proper implementation of volunteer funnels
- Supervise Digital Content Managers to craft content and approve digital communications
Successful Digital Platforms Director candidates will have
- Proven track record running large-scale email and social programs, particularly for a candidate, campaign, or non-profit with a focus on grassroots fundraising and volunteer engagement
- Experience developing and executing A/B testing plans to optimize content performance
- Proficiency in AP style and copy editing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams of issue experts, designers, writers, and content creators
- Experience tracking performance data across digital platforms
- Ability to interpret performance data and digital trends and translate into programmatic recommendations
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience executing paid ad campaigns across channels a plus
- Experience working with Klaviyo email marketing platform a plus
Working at Swing Left
The Digital Platforms Director position is a full-time, remote position. The salary range for this position is $80,000-$90,000 annually. In addition to health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Swing Left’s benefits package includes a professional development fund, a remote work fund, and a technology stipend for all employees. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. As we seek to build both a political system and organization that represents and uplifts these voices, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and members of other marginalized communities.