The Director, Business Operations is a driver of day to day operational execution and growth. They partner with the executive leader of the Sales and Services function along with other leaders across the organization to identify, analyze, prioritize and execute on opportunities for optimization, innovation and growth. As a member of the Sales and Services leadership team the primary focus of this role is across customer acquisition, servicing and retention. You’ll lead a team that is constantly hunting for opportunities across the business and tenaciously driving for excellence, efficiency and impact.
- Draw insights from rigorous analyses, develop informed recommendations, and then drive implementation on the most critical opportunities and challenges at Eventbrite. Uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution for growth
- Apply thought leadership, analytical skills and business judgment to help senior leadership define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence and foster innovation and growth
- Lead complex strategic and operational projects with cross-functional partners; drive to implementation and delivery of results. Projects span strategic, long term to near-term optimization
- Create and run structured processes for strategic planning, business reviews, and prioritization. Own key business operating rhythms that drive performance and accountability
- Set targets across financial and operational metrics. Drive the definition, measurement and tracking of key business activities and goals. Unpack functional performance and metrics and identify areas for improvement. Own sales operations, delivering sales targets and compensation plans
- Lead process improvement initiatives to constantly identify and execute on opportunities for efficiency, productivity and profitability
- Be a credible and reliable C-level advisor; drive decision-making with our senior executives; prepare and deliver materials and analyses to support those decisions.
THE SKILL SET
- Clear thinking and analytical: Digs in and problem solves. Can connect the dots through integrative thinking to condense complexity into operational clarity. Strong financial acumen and technical analysis skills
- Knows how to balance strategy and execution: Willing to roll up sleeves and get scrappy to get things done – knows how to get wins, build momentum and balance executing on “no regrets” actions with longer-term strategic progress
- Learns fast: Relies on their ability to problem solve and drive results. Moves quickly, is adaptable and thrives in ambiguity
- Proven people leader: A track record of building strong teams
- Strong influencing and communication skills: Demonstrates the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams to garner support and achieve outsized impact
- An executor: Strong project management and organization skills. Experience with process improvement methodologies such as six sigma
- Experienced: Prior experience in management consulting or investment banking
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.