The health insurance and benefits industry is undergoing rapid digital transformation. Today, most people choose, enroll, and utilize their benefits not by calling insurance carriers or reviewing paper forms, but by using HR and benefits software. Behind the scenes, Ideon’s APIs make this modern benefits experience possible. We’re powering an entire industry forward, delivering the speed, transparency, and efficiency that today’s consumers expect.
While our products are technology and data oriented, our greatest assets are our people and relationships. The Sales Director will spend their days growing our business and evangelizing Ideon’s value in the market. The Carrier Sales organization is a revenue-oriented, high performing team that is responsible for establishing and then growing our relationships with insurance carriers, or payers, throughout the country. The ideal candidate is a highly networked and proven strategic seller that is comfortable in an outcomes-based role.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Ideon is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Land new carrier relationships, and expand existing carrier relationships
- Be an expert on the Ideon platform offering and the value it offers to carrier partners
- Drive revenue and acquisition targets
- Work cross-functionally within the organization to achieve desired business results
- Act as an advocate for your client
- Be an active listener to uncover new opportunities within designated accounts
- Liaise with the Ideon Product Development team to coordinate the gathering of product enhancement requests
- Be supportive of the overall vision of the organization
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 7+ years of experience in Business Development in a revenue-generating role with at least 4 years of proven success selling enterprise level technology solutions into the insurance industry – ideally both in the medical and ancillary insurance markets
- Possess demonstrable experience selling at a cross-departmental executive level and have extensive existing relationships
- Are self-motivated and bring enthusiasm to your role
- Build relationships everywhere you go through trust and excellent communication
- Thrive at building accounts and relationships
- Are able to communicate at all levels of an organization effectively and have strong written and oral communication
- Have a passion to lead meetings and act as the “quarterback” in those settings
- Possess a strong sense of team and are excited to work and meet new people
- Have a demonstrated track record of exceeding sales goals
Salary range: $125,000 – $150,000
What we do:
Ideon is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless consumer experiences at every stage of the member journey. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure, the ‘pipes,’ that allows InsurTech platforms and health insurance and benefits carriers to exchange data accurately, efficiently, securely, and at scale—improving the way benefits are quoted, sold, enrolled, managed, and utilized. Our APIs transmit billions of data points, powering an amazing benefits experience for all. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are insurance geeks, systems gurus, data wonks, sales & marketing execs, product leads, finance whizzes, and admin pros—all determined to bring efficiency, transparency, and connectivity to the health insurance and benefits industry.
Our benefits include:
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.