Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Director of Commercial Marketing is responsible for creating and executing comprehensive go-to-market plans to drive awareness, demand generation, and sales opportunities within the Commercial segment of North America. As the primary marketing representative for the segment, this role requires a “data-first” mentality to understand and identify areas for opportunities, improvement, and investment. By collaborating with the regional sales teams, this individual will create and direct the right mix of programs and campaigns to achieve success. Do you have strong attention to detail, an ability to collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders, and a deep appreciation for data-based decision making? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Driving the Commercial segment marketing plan to increase awareness, drive user engagement, generate leads and opportunities, and accelerate pipeline
- Devising a content strategy and identifying the most effective ways to distribute content to the right audience
- Working with demand generation to optimize email and nurture campaigns
- Collaborating with partner marketing and business development on channel programs
- Partnering with sales teams to execute regional field events or third-party conferences
- Collaborate with local sales, technical and product resources on campaigns, including specific account-based marketing programs for key accounts.
- Effectively managing budgets and tracking performance of activities to evaluate the attribution and ROI of programs.
- Continuously capturing feedback and iterating to ensure we are on the right path to success
- Developing a deep understanding Elastic’s products and use cases, customer stories, and competitor trends
- Useing Marketo, Salesforce, Google Analytics and other sales and marketing tools to plan, track, analyze and understand our activities
What You Bring With You:
- 8+ years in a Field/Regional Marketing focused role within the B2B software space, preferably in open source, big data, and analytics.
- Demonstrated success in supporting field sales teams focused on a wide-array of verticals, preferably in SMB/Mid-Market segments
- Experience with programs directed at developer, DevOp, and ITOps audiences
- Ability to drive demand generation campaigns based on regional strategies and leveraging emails, virtual and online programs, and social media
- Familiarity with CRM systems preferably SFDC & Marketo
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to lead cross-functional virtual teams in delivering programs
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email email@example.com.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.