Plume is a mission-driven, trans-founded company focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender-nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 42 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies, and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
We Are Authentic: We opt for honest and direct conversations. We strive to be vulnerable and connect authentically.
We Are Accountable: We follow up and commit to each other within the community and to ourselves.
We Are Growth-oriented: We take the initiative, we’re proactive learners, and we tackle new challenges.
We Are Inclusive: We’re considerate of working across diverse experiences. Every voice is valuable in serving our vision. We have an unusual bias for seeking input.
We Are Collaborative: We put “we” before I, we stay engaged and communicative when we disagree, and we can commit even if we’re not in complete agreement.
We Are Trans-Informed: We ask “why?” and distrust the status quo. We honor awkwardness & experimentation over polish and how things have always been done.
If our mission & values align with your own and you’re a Director of Data Analytics with a special affinity for the trans experience, read on!
About The Role:
Our next Director of Data Analytics has a strong history of leading and conducting modern data operations and science analysis for businesses and clinical operations, emphasizing data strategy, architecture, delivery, and operations.
You have a strong background in data architecture, technology, and science, with a strong knowledge of the other areas listed above. In addition, you are an expert in Big Data Architecture / Data science, and with a curious mind, you can develop new areas of expertise in the other two areas.
Data Strategy, Definition, and Execution:
- You have executed or implemented a defined, partially defined, or conceptual data strategy that took a deliberate and objective look at the business through the lens of data. Additionally, you have anticipated the requirements for achieving specific organizational objectives.
- Enabling the employees to use data more effectively
- Ensuring enterprise data is accessible and high-quality
- Leveraging technology to enable the storage, sharing, and analysis of company data
Big Data Architecture and Technology:
- You have experience architecting databases to large-scale big data architectures, describing data management from ingestion and collection to transformation, distribution, and consumption. You have created the blueprint for data, including how it flows through data storage systems, foundational to data processing operations and artificial intelligence (AI) applications.
- Relational Databases
- No-SQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.)
- Big Data (BigQuery, BigTable, Databricks, etc.)
- You leverage your project management skills to create optimal implementations and support plans for brand-new data ecosystems. When making choices and selections, you are mindful of your resources (people, processes, and tools).
- You utilize data science by combining math, statistics, specialized programming, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning with specific subject matter expertise to uncover actionable insights hidden within an organization’s data. You enable these insights for data consumers to guide decision-making and strategic planning.
- Creating the strategy and development of ML-OPs
- Enabling statistical, cognitive, predictive, and other modeling
- Determining the frequency in which to train models
- Combining AI (ML/DL) with engineering skills to implement highly scalable platform components and tools to solve real-world problems in areas such as Image Recognition, Text Recognition, Natural Language Processing, Best Next Action, Personalization, and Time Series predictions
- A strong understanding and appreciation for the trans experience and a desire to increase access to gender-affirming care
- Big Data Architecture and Data Science expert
- 5+ years of Big Data Analytics experience with a relevant data engineering background, including a history of working with full life-cycle data engineering and data science
- 5+ years of experience developing and/or implementing data strategy, with substantial experience building Data Analytics Ecosystems, preferably in the Google Cloud
- 5+ years of experience hiring, mentoring, coaching, developing, and managing engineers, as well as leading high-performing engineering teams
- A strong background in working with senior leadership to develop and communicating the data roadmap and strategy at all levels, as well as delivering multifaceted, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience building large-scale platforms to support business operations for a highly regulated industry
- Experience building, iteratively, analytics and partnering with business operations to ensure the data needs are delivered as prescribed
- Digital, Telehealth, or Healthcare industry experience
- Provider, Payer, or Pharmacy industry experience
Compensation and Benefits:
- $150,000+ Annual Salary DOE
- Ground-Floor Equity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Free Plume and Mental Health Subscriptions
Plume is an equal-opportunity employer. Trans and gender-non-confirming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply, particularly those who identify as people of color. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume at www.getplume.co