Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Our ideal candidate is an HR leader with experience supporting Go-To-Market and Corporate functions (Marketing, Finance, Legal, IT, Operations). You will partner strategically and closely with our leaders to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborating across boundaries and geographies, and thinking differently about how we approach work and teams.
Is being a change agent is part of your leadership toolkit? Are you an experienced Senior HR Partner who thrives in navigating ambiguity, adapting quickly to a changing environment? Are you proficient at coaching leaders, anticipating challenges, diagnosing problems, recommending solutions, and lead programs that have a direct impact on the success of the organization? If so, we’d love to hear from you and discuss our how you can contribute to our growth.
You’ll work closely with the global HRBPs and Functional Leaders to address business challenges through people solutions. You will work through our Centers of Excellence to influence and provide solutions for HR-related activities, including employee relations, compensation management, organizational planning, and employee engagement.
This will require you to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and in some cases, reinvent how work is done with a distributed approach. You’ll use effective collaboration across boundaries and geographies to think differently about how we approach work and team, as well as being able to balance critical thinking regarding long-term business priorities along with day-to-day needs.
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in?
What You Will Be Doing:
You’ll be leading, designing, and executing all HR-related efforts for the Go-To-Market and Corporate departments. You will play a vital part in ensuring success, performance, and growth. A successful Director will:
- Partner with the leadership team to build programs that scale the organization, grow strong teams, and develop outstanding leaders
- Partner with our colleagues in HR Ops, L&OD, and Employee Relations to bring comprehensive solutions to sophisticated people issues
- Play a key role with the implementation of new initiatives and projects including; compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development
- Contribute to building employee engagement strategies and recognition programs
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to senior leaders
- Use analytical capabilities to influence business partners with recommendations that are based on valuable data
- Lead people practices that cultivate innovation and collaboration
- Thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly, and know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution
What You Bring Along:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management, especially in organizational transformation, and coaching
- Strong preference for those who have supported a GTM and/or Corporate Functional organizations
- We are still growing and implementing processes! So a strategic, critical problem solver who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; have a passion for working as a team
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A high degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and unique situations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership capabilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations, comfortable working in high growth, fast-paced environment
- Effective listener and communicator, able to influence actions and outcomes
- An ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus, and sometimes a sense of humor is key!
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.