Hi, we’re CompanyCam.
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
In response to growth and internal promotion, we’re hiring a Director of Accounting – Controller to join our Finance team. You will be a trusted partner from the top down; the Controller will be part of the Finance Leadership team. In this role you will be expected to have a high-level of ownership of activities including closing cycle, financial systems management, payroll, tax compliance, internal controls, audits, reconciliations, reporting, vendor contract management and treasury.
In this job you will…
Help lead Financial Reporting & Operations: Oversee all bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury, internal controls, reporting and adhering to all regulatory deadlines around tax compliance, payroll, and tax incentives/credits. You’ll be executing on a tight closing cycle in an accurate, timely, and complete manner to deliver monthly consolidated P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and financial metrics to stakeholders including FP&A, executive team, board of directors, investors, and banks. You’ll provide high quality commentary and recommendations on the company balance sheet and cash-flow statement.
Ensure strong Accounting processes: Responsible for developing and enhancing accounting policies. Contribute to building the department’s handbook, new internal controls, and work towards our objective of building a world-class finance team.
Maximize Tools & Automation: You have an eye for technology and efficiency and will be helping CompanyCam build out its financial infrastructure for scale to increase automation and reduce risk of errors.
Help lead Strategic Finance: Support the VP of Finance and CEO in preparing for any future fundraising processes, M&A activities, due diligence, and company financial strategic initiatives.
- Have 3-5 years experience in a similar role or in: corporate finance, investment banking, venture capital, or management consulting.
- Be skilled in developing processes, documentation and framework building for fast (and efficient) growth.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Have a collaborative & growth-focused mindset.
- Share our values – a willingness to show up, grow up, and do good.
It would be nice if you…
- Have earned a Bachelor degree in Business focused on accounting or finance.
- Have earned a professional accounting or finance designation (CPA, CFA, etc.).
- Are well-versed with SaaS/tech business models and metrics.
- Have worked in QuickBooks Online, Stripe, SQL and other financial systems.
- Have experience using multiple ERP’s.
- Are a self-starter hungry for value-adding opportunities.
- Are located in Lincoln, Nebraska (and surrounding/commutable areas) or are willing to relocate.
How we work at CompanyCam
CompanyCam is a fun, fast-paced team united by our core values of Show Up, Grow Up and Do Good. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — CompanyCam is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great!
This is a salaried position at CompanyCam, the initial salary band is from $95,000 to $110,000 – based on experience. We also offer meaningful equity and other benefits.
Ready to apply?
If you share our passion for serving our customers and bringing truth and transparency to the contracting industry, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email email@example.com.