Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
Fundrise was founded on the principle that technology and exceptional engineering talent are fundamentally important to our mission. We are committed to our engineers’ career goals and support both IC and management career tracks with heavy investment in each. As a high growth company, there are countless opportunities for innovation, education, mentorship and leadership. We invest in software and tooling to support optimal engineering productivity. Additionally, engineers are provided the latest Macbook Pros for speedy local development builds and performance.
Our Android app is a flagship product for Fundrise, so you will have a chance to have a significant and immediate impact on our growing user base and the overall success of our business. You’ll be working with a team that comes from a diverse array of backgrounds, including real estate development, accounting, finance, software engineering, and design.
We leverage a modern Android tech stack. The Fundrise Android application is written in 100% Kotlin, uses Dagger2 for dependency injection, Retrofit for API interaction, Coroutines for asynchronous operations, Espresso for UI testing, integrated CI/CD flows for testing and deployment, Jetpack’s Navigation for navigation, and much more!
We are looking for a talented engineering leader to direct our growing Android organization. You will manage several teams of skilled engineers building exciting new products leveraging the latest Android technology. In collaboration with product owners, engineering leadership, and developers, you’ll define and implement a product and technology strategy that improves our application, supports the team, and advances Fundrise’s overall mission. Additionally, in partnership with our recruiting team, you’ll build a hiring plan to ensure our Android team scales with the company and is able to deliver all of our highest impact initiatives. This position is also a key partner to our Mobile Core teams, which define the technical roadmap for mobile, including CI/CD, infrastructure, testing, and security.
- Manage and mentor 3+ Android teams
- Provide engineering expertise, thought leadership, and partnerships across Product, Engineering, and Design teams
- Be accountable for the vision and long-term technology strategy for the Android team
- Take part in technical architecture and design decisions as well as code reviews
- Collaborate with engineers and other engineering leaders to advance the technical excellence of our mobile applications
- Provide direct management, coaching, and mentoring for a growing engineering team, with a specific focus on career development
- Attract talent and scale a world-class, diverse engineering organization based on an established network and experience. This will include owning the hiring process for new roles, organizational planning, recruiting, training, and interviewing.
- 3 years of experience leading mobile software development teams
- 3 years of people management experience
- 6 years of working with Android and Kotlin
- Experience being a people leader, coaching, mentoring, and guiding highly talented technical teams
- Solid knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Knowledge of analytics frameworks (i.e., Mixpanel)
- Knowledge of production error reporting (i.e., Sentry, Crashlytics)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with UI and/or integration testing