Remote solves the world’s biggest remote employment problem. That is: How to hire anyone from anywhere, compliantly. Through our extensive (and growing) international network and suite of products, we are making it possible for every company to hire people in every country. Both as contractors, and also as fully legal, local employees, with all the benefits that come with that.
All of our Positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as Director of Benefits.
As an inspiring leader, the Director of Benefits, you will own the planning, implementation and overseeing Remote’s entire Global Benefits Operation.
This role will work with large global teams, directly impact our clients and internal employees, therefore a clear understanding of how to manage teams asynchronously and to build global knowledge of benefits will be crucial to the success of these teams.
You will be reporting to the VP of Operations.
- Directly responsible for Global Benefits for our Customers but also for our internal employees.
- Plan and implement the long-term Benefits strategy along with VP of Operations and Executive Leadership Team.
- Partner closely with the People team and Total Rewards team to ensure there is fluid alignment and knowledge on how benefits work in each country and why.
- Manage our high performing Benefits Team that are located globally in our remote first environment.
- Partner on global compensation and total rewards projects.
- Manage and continue to improve the scalability, accuracy and data integrity of all Benefits content and documentation.
- Develop and implement best practices, key performance indicators and SLA metrics for the Benefits team.
- Analyze and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom line performance and speed in the Benefits Team.
- Remain up to date with global benefits, global trends, social norms and continuous changes that will impact our customers and internal employees.
- Oversee compliance with applicable regulatory requirements regarding employee benefits while staying up-to-date on current related legislation.
- Advise on and select external regional partners and serve as their key point of contact, ideally align to our very fast scaling needs and align our vendors to these needs
- Own the budget and negotiations with external partners
- Actively identify automation opportunities
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a managing large global benefits teams and ideally in a growing start-up environment
- Previous experience in a Hyper-growth, tech start up that you scaled large global benefits, is more suitable for this role
- Clear understanding and experience on how automation, integration, documentation and scaling can directly impact workload
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact. Familiarity on the change that occurs in a start-up in the first four years and comfortable with that
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-researched and well-informed decisions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in building dashboards and reporting for all things benefits.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus
- You are passionate about growth and make data-driven, well-informed decisions
- Remote work culture
- A good salary
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- Report to: VP of Operations
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Submit your application.
- As the headline: “Application Director of GO”
- Your CV as a PDF
- A short (at most a single page) cover letter in the text area provided
- Interview with VP of Operations
- Interview with founders
- Reference calls