The world is exploding with data. As cyber threats grow daily, companies are trying to manage and secure all of their sensitive data while struggling to comply with increasing regulations. Employees waste precious time by trying to manage compliance with tools like Excel and email, which don’t scale in this complex space, leading to enormous risks, regulatory fines, lowered stock price, and compromised reputation. Not only must they figure out which standards matter, but they must also determine if and how they can to meet these standards with confidence. Companies need a better way to keep their promises and safeguard your sensitive data.
Enter Hyperproof, a radical new approach to ensure organizations can effectively discover, track, and meet the web of compliance business and government requirements. We are disrupting the governance, risk, and compliance software space with our innovative products. At the core, we are a team with strong experience building cloud software and a passion for a great user experience, simplicity, and positive social impact. It’s an exciting time to be at Hyperproof. We recently raised $16.5 million in our Series A financing, validating our teamwork, growing customer base, and our company mission to reinvent compliance operations that help organizations build trust through proof.
We are hiring a Director of Compliance and Information Security to work across our entire team to ensure that we maintain the highest level of trust with our customers, partners, team members, and other key stakeholders. This leadership position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
WHO YOU ARE
Your team and colleagues consider you an expert in compliance and information security and in this role, you’ll work with the entire organization to establish Hyperproof as a model for implementing Compliance Operations and Continuous Assurance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO DO
This is a critical, high-visibility role with significant business ownership. As an early member of the Hyperproof team, you will help define compliance and security-minded culture and be a role model for others. Your chief responsibility is to create and grow a world-class compliance and information security program and ensure that the organization and our product meet or exceed relevant regulatory and industry requirements. You will be measured, among other things, on our ability to achieve certifications and successfully complete assessments, implement compliance practices, and maintain an excellent compliance posture.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Proven experience as a compliance manager. Initiating and owning compliance programs end to end is a big plus
- Deep knowledge of information security governance, risk and compliance frameworks, regulations, and industry standards (including SOC 1 & 2, ISO 27001), and a strong understanding of how they apply to technology organizations and products
- Experience working with internal and/or external audit
- Strong project management and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Cloud products / SaaS experience a strong plus
- ISO Lead Implementer certification is a plus
HOW YOU’LL KNOW YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL
- Establish our compliance and information security program and team – understand our product and business strategy, and prioritize our compliance efforts and investments Own end to end and lead our pursuit of compliance certifications (SOC 2 Type 1 & 2, ISO 27001 & 27701, and FedRAMP) and regulatory assessments (GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA)Manage relevant regulatory, industry, and internal compliance programs – including performing continuous risk assessments, defining, implementing, and monitoring controls, and drafting and implementing internal policies
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure that the highest levels of information security are established and maintained
- Stay up to date on regulatory and industry changes and best practices, apply them to our organization and become our internal compliance subject matter expert
- Be a tireless champion of compliance across the team, ask the hard questions, and proactively help define reasonable compliance and business strategy balanced solutions
- 1st Conversation with Talent Acquisition
- 2nd Interview with Chief Operations Officer
- 3rd Interview with VP of Engineering
- 4th Interview with Director of Sales
- 5th Interview with Head of Solutions Architecture
- 6th Interview with Chief Executive Officer
- Total Time: 3.5 hours
WHAT WE OFFER
Base Compensation Range $145,000 – 170, 000 + Equity
- Unlimited PTO (and we actually take it)
- 401k and match so you can start saving for the future immediately
- Medical and Vision insurance
- Quarterly wellness benefit
- Company get-togethers to meet your remote peers
- Remote stipend to make sure you are 100% equipped for the job ahead
- 12-week parental leave for all new parents, and free diapers for a year.
We Live Our Core Values Every Minute of Every Day
At Hyperproof we live our core values every minute of every day. We believe they are critical to our success today and tomorrow. Below are our core values. Read through them and if you see yourself in our values, let’s talk!
Always Authentic: We keep it real. We believe in constructive honesty in all facets of our work. Whether it is our customers, prospective customers, partners, or fellow Hyperproofers we state the facts versus telling people what they want to hear. Each of us are who we are regardless of the context. No playing politics and no BS. Just healthy, constructive, reality-based discourse.
We Keep Our Promises: We make every effort to meet our commitments. If we’re unable to meet a commitment, we let others know right away. We consistently create methods to prioritize our work so we can meet our commitments. We commit ONLY when we intend to follow through, not as a tactic to move the discussion forward.
Customer Obsessed: We start with customer needs and work backwards. We seek to collect customer data (when it is available) before making decisions. We regularly and proactively seek customer feedback on designs, offers and other work products.
Measure and Adjust: We take every opportunity to define, publish and update metrics. We seek to measure and improve as we continue to invest in activities. We are willing to propose modifications when the data demands it.
Continuously Innovate: We seek to understand before we act. We challenge prevailing assumptions and suggest better approaches. We embrace change. We often revisit previous trade-offs and apply new innovations.
Make Decisions We Are Proud Of: We only make decisions we would be willing to share with our parents. We speak out when we see others making decisions that compromise our values. We act like everyone is watching even when they are not.
Simplify: Our code, written and verbal communication are pithy and focused. We research and iterate, thus doing “the hard work of being simple”. We revisit our previous work to simplify it as it grows. We simplify by staying focused and not over-extending / under-delivering.
Win As a Team: We prioritize succeeding as a team and an organization over-optimizing for individual objectives. We provide timely feedback to others when feedback is solicited. We are intentional about fostering an inclusive work environment. We speak our minds respectfully so we can be heard by others. We demonstrate listener empathy so others feel safe sharing their honest feedback. As leaders, we don’t dictate. Instead, we empower our team to do their best work. We recognize others’ contributions in a timely manner.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are a fully remote company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only finding talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live.
Hyperproof is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Hyperproof is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.