At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a house cleaner, moving help or gardener, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and thousands of cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love – and have a ton of fun while they’re at it
About the Job
The TaskRabbit marketing team plays a critical role in driving client and tasker acquisition, engagement, and retention. As the Director of Content, you will be our corporate storyteller and oversee all marketing content initiatives across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, positive customer behavior, and overall brand affinity in a cohesive way to achieve our business goals.
The ideal candidate will have a “Customer-first” mindset, with a passion for developing mind-opening, traffic-driving content in all forms to drive new and current business. You will be an expert in all things related to content and oversee a team that manages public relations, communications, writers, visual designers, social media, and all other assets to support the business, including emails, landing pages, offsite advertising and branded content.
The Director of Content will report to the CMO, and directly manage a PR manager, Brand & Content manager, Social Media manager, and nimble team of visual designers.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Map out, own and integrate our TR content strategy into all marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Develop themed content calendar throughout TR channels and verticals, leveraging cultural trends and marketplace data to drive traffic to TR social channels, website, and app tailored to develop content themes tailored for target client and tasker segments
- Identify, brief, and oversee creative partners to fuel fresh content for TR asset pipeline
- Work closely with CMO on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
- Ensure all content adheres to TaskRabbit brand standards and is consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all content channels globally (with appropriate localization where needed) including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Dynamically test and optimize content to drive continuous improvement and engagement.
- Oversee content strategists, writers, designers and act as arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- “Customer first” Mindset with 10+ years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content and messaging creation for different target audiences.
- Proven editorial skills with a “nose” for the story, outstanding command of English language and sensitivity to other markets for local adaptation
- Training in how to tell a story using words, images, sounds, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Proven experience building a like-minded brand and developing library of content and supporting assets to deliver that experience to online consumers.
- Leadership skills to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types and ability to clearly articulate business goals behind the creation of content.
- Ability to lead and inspire creative teams and content creators to find fresh ways to make content engaging, shareable and exciting for target audience on both sides of TR marketplace.
- Project management skills to manage schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Deep familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within TR content channels (blog, social media channels, emails, app, website, etc)
- Truly immersed Social DNA
- Willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Familiar with sharing economy landscape
- Intuitive and creative problem solver with impeccable organizational skills
- Collaborates well across teams, with excellent communication skills and comfort working through ambiguity to make progress
- Strong desire to learn
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and charity events.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.