Director of Deals™ – U.S. REMOTE
At Opendorse, we’re experiencing a period of incredible growth as we build a best-in-class B2B SaaS platform and B2C marketplace. We want to do it alongside a group of high performing, “no excuses just results” people.
Opendorse is seeking a Director of Deals™ who can leverage their existing expertise and experience to help us grow and develop our Customer Success team and scale our product lines in the endorsement management and emerging Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) era. In this role you will oversee our managed campaigns team and will be responsible for supporting brands and athletes who look to use our technology to execute end-to-end endorsement campaigns. You will also be a practitioner, as the lead contact with customers during highly supported campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a confident professional who enjoys communicating with global brands and agencies and is ready to lead an established Opendorse offering as we begin to support new types of deal activities with athletes. You have superb resolve and adaptability and can turn Opendorse’s vision into reality through both your creativity and attention to detail. You understand and appreciate that things can change quickly during the campaign process and will be flexible while you proceed in a solutions-oriented way. Opendorse’s brand and reputation with athletes and customers matters deeply to you.
You will report to (and work closely with) our SVP of Operations and develop a strong working relationship with our Revenue and Operations team members.
Who you are: a leader with an entrepreneurial/owner mindset, and someone who is excited to work in a hyper-growth startup environment. You naturally elevate people, take on ad-hoc projects as they arise, and jump at the opportunity to help those around you whenever they need you.
Core Functions & Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of campaign managers, dedicated to supporting high-touch campaigns
- Protect and grow our high-touch support practice by demonstrating value consistently and proactively with our customers
- Serve as a primary point of communication with new and existing brand partners
- Establish trusted relationships with key decision-makers in customer organizations
- Mediate internal and client issues as appropriate; resolve scope changes or any client relationship disparities toward a financially positive and relationship-building solution
- Oversee the execution of campaigns from end to end, post-sale, ensuring implementation follows organizational best practices
- Coordinate with customers on the review and approval schedule determined at the launch of a campaign to ensure the campaign flows properly
- Manage the schedule of campaigns, ensuring coordination with other Opendorse team members
- Work with athlete relations manager to onboard desired users by brand customers, and ensure all content from and for athletes is gathered for a campaign
- Maintain high content standards by ensuring copy and/or media is on-brief and of the highest quality
- Supervise the execution, monitoring and measurement of campaigns
- Provide reporting to key customers throughout campaigns; upon campaign completion, create full campaign recaps and/or case studies showing results and performance
- Improve new campaigns using data and feedback from existing and previous projects
- Create campaign proposals based on prospect or customer briefs to upsell existing clientele and build repeat business
What we are looking for
- 3-5 years of marketing and/or advertising professional services background; agency experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and project management skills
- In-depth knowledge of running campaigns end-to-end
- Ability to manage and prioritize several campaigns simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- A good understanding of current marketing trends
- Experience in the sports industry is preferred, but a wide knowledge base of the industry is a must
Diversity at Opendorse
Opendorse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor employment visas.