Cribl is looking for a Director of Engineering. We are a fast-growing, remote-first company with a mission to unlock the value of all observability data. At our core, we believe in shipping phenomenal products and doing good by our customers and communities. We provide our customers with a new and unprecedented level of observability, intelligence, and control over their real-time data. We’re backed by Sequoia and CRV, and our products are deployed in some of the largest organizations in the world processing 100s of TB and PB of IT & Security data, and managed by Site Reliability Engineers, System Engineers, and Technical Operations teams.
In this role you will report into the engineering organization that is building the Cribl Cloud product offerings. As an Engineering Director at Cribl, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that they encounter. While you won’t be coding on a day-to-day basis, you will demonstrate your strong technical background to drive architectural and software design conversations, and provide technical guidance when necessary.
- Grow and run a team in an always-on cloud service.
- Lead the team to drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Set team strategy and be accountable for team plans, execution and deliverables.
- Grow and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring, coaching and career development.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and cross functional teams.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team and partner teams.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Work with product management team members to build the vision, the roadmap and resolve priorities of the team.
- Foster an “always shipping” mindset to your org, encouraging frequent releases and rapid failure recovery.
- Focus on customer outcomes, tying teamwork and goals to those outcomes, and foster customer empathy in all engineers.
- Experience hiring and developing of engineers who recognize that Ops is a part of their job responsibility and ensure delivery of quality services which reduce incidents and focus on the success of our customers
- Develop team identity, empowering direct reports and building career growth options for your team
- Experience working directly with customers and training engineers how to work with customers
- Services and SaaS application development experience
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes
- 15+ years of industry experience, of which 5+ years is in Engineering leadership
- BS CS/EE or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive and strong development experience in cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience in building distributed data systems
- Experience with building shipping products for on-premise usage
- Experience leading remote-first teams
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.