At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene, learn, and interact face-to-face online. We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet. We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet you.
Hopin is seeking a Director of Engineering who is passionate about building reliable and highly scalable system,s enabling a DevOps philosophy on SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms. You bring a background in System Administration, Site Reliability, or a related engineering discipline. We are looking for someone with experience in rapid growth – both platform usage and organizational – to support our expanding global workforce and exponential customer adoption.
This is a team management role, but some significant direct technical contribution will be required initially.
We’re excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We’re currently more than 300 and growing.
Our organization is remote-first. We currently have staff in over three dozen countries, we operate around the clock and strive to support flexible hours and schedules but our primary business hours are London, UK time and your work schedule would be expected to accommodate.
- Operate the Hopin Platform to meet uptime expectations
- Manage, mentor & expand Infrastructure Operations Teams
- Collaborate with Development teams to establish monitoring and observability standards
- Manage relationships with external infrastructure providers
- Work with Finance team to model and predict infrastructure related costs
- Work with Information Security & Compliance to define, document, and implement security management policies
- Build and maintain asset inventory systems
- Maintain secure systems and manage patch & upgrade schedules
- Build automation and self-service tools
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- Manage on-call rotation for Infrastructure and Reliability
- 5+ years of experience operating a high transaction rate internet service
- Experience building teams and systems from scratch
- Experience managing remote teams
- Demonstrated experience with cloud platform migrations
- Direct experience managing Amazon AWS infrastructure
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders – can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes
Nice to haves
- Experience with high bandwidth content delivery
- Knowledge of Terraform and Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Comfortable with developing in one of the following languages: Ruby, Rust, Go, Python, NodeJS
- Experience with enterprise logging solutions (ELK, Datadog, Splunk, etc)
- Experience with multi-Cloud operations
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we’re committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn’t just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.