RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We do this by selling our open-core professional software to organizations, which allows us to fund further open-source development. Our professional customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python. Fifty-nine (59) of the Fortune 100 are RStudio customers.
We are looking for a Director of Enterprise Sales with the business savvy, technical background, and leadership skills to lead the accelerating growth of our Enterprise segment. You will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of open-source data science. Reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, this person will be a central player on the Go-To-Market Leadership team, working closely with RStudio’s President, Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, VP Customer Success & Operations, and Director of Commercial Sales to drive the strategy, programs, and daily disciplines that deliver both a world-class customer experience and the profitable growth of RStudio so that we can further fuel our open-source mission.
- Manage recruiting, objective setting, coaching, performance monitoring, and career growth opportunities of 6-8 fully-remote and highly talented Major Account Managers (MAMs) and Senior Account Executives (Sr AEs) who serve prospective and existing Enterprise accounts > 10K employees
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Commercial sales (team managing accounts < 10K employees), Customer Success, Marketing, Solutions Engineering, Support, and Partnerships to evolve and execute against our Go-To-Market strategy, finding repeatable patterns and creating and managing initiatives
- Develop and execute against an Enterprise Sales Plan to meet or exceed revenue, adoption, and retention targets
- Build and develop operational rigor to ensure forecast accuracy and revenue predictability
- Assist team with account-based strategy development and execution, relationship-building, executive engagement, and deal-making
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes, and our Ideal Customer Profile
- 10+ years of B2B software sales, business development, or consulting experience, and at least 5 years of B2B software sales management experience, with direct experience in the Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or related spaces
- You are a High-growth Operator, taking a systematic and data-driven approach to identifying trends in industry, in our customer base, our pipeline, and team performance, and make decisions that both accelerate near-term business and build for future scale.
- Track record of consistently exceeding quota and key performance metrics
- You thrive on helping those on your team succeed, by growing, coaching, and scaling a high-performing diverse sales team in a fast-growth environment
- Confident, experienced dealmaker at the exec level, for deals in the $100K-$1M+ range
- Have experience with higher volume, lean inbound sales process
- Technical understanding in the areas of enterprise software and deployment architectures
- Highly effective and empathetic communicator with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Curious, with a growth mindset
- Hungry, Humble, and Honest
- Desirable but not required: Open core or open-source selling experience, and/or experience with selling programmer-oriented software
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with moderate travel (up to 25%)
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A profit-sharing program when the company does well
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.