Blockworks is a fast-growing financial media company. We’re most well known for our editorial news site, network of podcasts, and global conference series.
We are based in New York and prefer candidates on the East Coast, but this role is remote friendly.
We’re looking for an experienced finance professional to help build out the finance function at Blockworks. The ideal candidate will be skilled in all aspects of financial planning and analysis including budgeting and forecasting. You will work closely with team leads across the business to develop the necessary reporting to drive our business forward.
We want to find the best person for the role regardless of where you are located. This role is open for candidates who are working remote as well as candidates who prefer to work from our New York City office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all financial planning and analysis (FP&A), including forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow management.
- Work across departments to create budgets and track key performance indicators.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Develop and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts.
- Advise on potential fundraising strategies and equity distributions.
- Oversee and review accounting tasks, including payroll, taxes, and compliance.
- Communicate business case and financial impact of growth opportunities and new product initiatives.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to problem solve and execute in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Proven Excel Skills
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter benefits
- Remote work-station stipend
- Learning stipend
- Team happy hours and outings
- Training & development
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
What We Need From You
If this sounds like a place you could make your mark, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Director of Finance + Your Name” in the subject line.
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Blockworks is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org