Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Director of FP&A, joining our Finance team. Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced finance professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the financial planning and analysis processes within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes (e.g., Monthly Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan). Build and own financial forecast models which give good predictability to support key decisions.
- Build and own scenario models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy
- Develop and monitor critical business and financial performance metrics.
- Develop and evolve scalable processes to effectively manage financial performance, and to improve forecast accuracy.
- Provide sound financial guidance to functional leaders to ensure financial objectives are aligned with overall corporate strategic goals and operational business plans
- Analyze new products to assess their financial risk profile and funding requirements.
- Support Remote’s expansion into new products and markets globally.
- Actively contribute to the design and implementation of planning tools.
- Experience in statutory audits.
- 8+ years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, corporate planning, business finance, rolling forecast methodologies, segment reporting, and cost attribution.
- Strong analytical skills, and extensive experience architecting integrated models from scratch ideally in connection with SAP.
- Experience working for a public company and/or fintech company a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at various levels and across different roles in the organization. Experience working closely with different Finance functions
- Extensive understanding and knowledge of IFRS and U.S. GAAP.
- Sound understanding of organizational structure and Chart of Accounts hierarchy
- You are a self starter and have the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- You are a kind, empathetic, and patient person
- You care deeply about diversity and inclusion
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- Experience in Tech start-up, is not required but an added advantage
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Remote work culture
- A fair and competitive salary
- The equipment/tools you need to do your job well and comfortable (MacBook Pro, screen, peripherals)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Home office setup
- Health insurance
- Training allowance
- You’ll report to: VP of Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- (async) Offer
- Reference Check
How to apply
Please fill out the form below. Don’t forget to add your CV (ideally as a PDF) and a cover letter (at most a single page) explaining why do you think there’s a match between this particular role and your profile. Thank you!