Stack Overflow is a public platform that serves 100 million people every month, making it one of the 50 most popular websites in the world. Our asynchronous knowledge management and collaboration offering Stack Overflow for Teams, is transforming how people work.
Monthly visitors to our network
Questions asked to-date
Average time between new questions
Times a developer got help
Customer companies for all products
Founded in 2008, Stack Overflow’s public platform is used by nearly everyone who codes to learn, share their knowledge, collaborate, and build their careers.
Stack Overflow for Teams, our core SaaS collaboration product, is helping thousands of companies around the world as they transition to remote work, address business continuity challenges, and undergo digital transformation.
Whether it is on Stack Overflow or within Stack Overflow for Teams, Community is at the center of all that we do.
As the Director of Global Talent Acquisition at Stack Overflow you will report directly to the Chief People Officer. In this role you will play an active role in building the programs and processes to power Stack Overflow’s growth for the future. This position will have critical responsibility for driving the success for hiring globally. This role will be responsible for recruiting for key positions throughout the organization, as well as leading Stack Overflow’s Talent Acquisitions teams. You will determine the strategic direction and key objectives of the recruiting department, which in turn supports Stack Overflow’s growth. You will also work to maintain and enhance our culture and high talent quality standards. Partnering with leadership, you will work to build strong relationships to quickly deliver results in a rapidly and constantly evolving environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in recruiting for key positions globally across the organization. In this role you will manage up to 10-15 requisitions in addition to other responsibilities.
- Lead a global Talent Acquisition team that promotes a positive, high-performing, innovative and growth-oriented environment. Establish clear goals for both team performance and personal development.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the Ttalent Aacquisition team, ensuring that we are thinking holistically about talent from early career to executive, internal mobility, and capable of telling the complete talent story.
- Invest in the team’s core skills of business acumen, long term candidate nurturing, client management and operational excellence, to ensure we deliver a consistent high-quality experience for candidates and hiring teams.
- Develop high trust relationships with Stack Overflow Leaders and our Corporate Strategy & Development team to deeply understand long term business objectives and uncover longer term leadership skill gaps that we may be unable to develop internally.
- Partner with and listen to cross-functional stakeholders to increase stakeholder satisfaction. Ensure commitments are met, set appropriate recruiting expectations (metrics and goal setting for recruiters), and respond to stakeholder needs.
- Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the recruitment process, from content of job descriptions, training for hiring teams, formulation of interview panels as well as candidate experience leading into measurable improvement in availability and selection of diverse candidates.
- Focus on operational excellence including investment in the tools and processes that provide for durable talent pool curation across the function. Increase the consistency and quality of reporting to provide clear insight into search progress.
- Ensure that career sites reflect Stack Overflow’s culture and promotes our open positions accurately in the marketplace.
- Provide data-driven leadership that supports the organization with actionable insights to enable data-driven decisions.
- Oversee employer branding strategy and initiatives, with the vision to position Stack Overflow as an employer of choice in the external talent marketplace.
- Review and refine Talent Acquisition programs and policies, including internal hiring practices, employee referral program, and interviewer training.
What You’ll Need to Have::
- BA/BS in HR, Business, or related fields, or commensurate experience.
- 12+ years of experience working in a senior recruiting position in a fast-paced and highly competitive business
- A proven and successful experience managing full-cycle recruiting processes consisting of sourcing, screening, on-boarding, and business partnering
- Experience directly managing recruiters and team building, leading to the acquisition of the best talents in the market
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to influence and work collaboratively with leadership and executives and to drive a cross-functional team in an aligned direction
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary & Commission
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.