We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Are you passionate about establishing security systems that balance development velocity with secure practices? Are you a natural collaborator who enjoys building relationships with peers and team members in pursuit of a common goal? Can you bounce between high level strategy and diving in to mentor team members on technical security approaches? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As our Director of Information Security at Thinkific, you will lead all technical aspects of Thinkific’s security, data privacy, and compliance initiatives, further strengthening Thinkific’s commitment to Information Security and assuring the trust of our customers and partners. You will champion Information Security initiatives across the organization and be a process owner on key security initiatives including risk assessment, evaluating the effectiveness of security programs, incident response management, policies, and standards.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive security program focused on ensuring the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of owned information that is controlled or processed by Thinkific
- Design and implement an effective corporate-wide security awareness training program
- Manage security incidents and events to protect Thinkific assets including intellectual property and data
- Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and procedures that align with the continuity goals of the business
- Direct and coordinate implementation of security controls and compliance requirements across the organization
- Work with Compliance to evaluate vendors’ and partners’ security posture within the context of our own
- Build and lead a team of security engineers
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Be experienced in a cloud-native environment
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of current cloud security technologies and approaches
- Have previously been involved in achieving one or more of CSA, SOC 2 Type 2/ PCI-DSS certifications
- Understand appropriate IT controls, as well as IT audit approaches
- Be experienced with application security, infrastructure and network security, and working with software development teams, including DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering teams in an agile environment
- Have experience building a technical team
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills, or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Are experienced with one of the security scanning tools out there like ZScaler, Vanta, etc., as well as AWS security tooling landscape and with AWS cloud services in general
- Have familiarity and experience with standards and compliance frameworks like ISO, CSA, SANS, OWASP, NIST, SSAE SOC, ITIL, etc. and strong regulatory and compliance knowledge of CCPA and GDPR
- Are collaborative, have the ability both to lead and be a solid individual contributor, and also have direct experience with developing security metrics, KRIs, and KPIs for leadership
Bonus points if you:
- Are knowledgeable about building out and managing a bug bounty program on a platform like HackerOne or BugCrowd
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!