We are looking for an exceptional Corporate IT/Engineering Director with extensive hands on leadership experience. This role will be responsible for ensuring our employees have the best possible experience with their technology and collaboration tools. In addition this individual will be a key contributor to helping GitHub operate on GitHub. You will report to the VP of IT and lead a team of talented Engineering, Help Desk, Infrastructure, and AV support professionals.
- Create, socialize, and implement IT infrastructure and corporate engineering strategy for a fast-moving organization
- Build and lead an IT engineering team and support GitHub operating on GitHub
- Partner and collaborate with other leaders to identify / implement new tools and enhance existing to increase automation and provide data to help us to scale
- Build and foster relationships across the company to ensure our technology investments match our business needs
- Technology leadership experience across IT help desk, infrastructure and software engineering
- Deep familiarity with GitHub
- Incredible verbal/written communication skills and customer service mindset
- Experience building and scaling corporate IT with a focus on engineering and automation
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve technical, process, organizational, and resourcing challenges
- Extensive experience in hiring and managing a diverse and inclusive team environment with a commitment to collaboration and growth
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.