Guru is building a product with a new approach to team knowledge. We believe that wikis, knowledge bases, intranets, etc are ineffective because they don’t fit into how modern and remote teams work. We know we’re not the center of each user’s universe, and we don’t think we should be! We relish the challenge of helping users be more effective through the ease of use, context, and integrations, so they can get on with the things that are important to them. If you’re interested in helping solve these types of problems, read on…
As a Director of Product, you’ll be responsible for Guru’s core product experience (read: search, authoring, sharing, permissions, and ecosystem/integrations), and you’ll collaborate across the company to develop our vision, strategy, processes, systems, and teams needed to build memorable experiences across these areas. You’ll lead a team of astounding product managers and collaborate with design, engineering, analytics, marketing, and go-to-market to bring those products to market. Additionally, you’ll make sure we’re recruiting and mentoring top and diverse talent across the company to support our growth along the way.
- Help define and align our strategy and priorities to build the best product in the market for employee-to-employee knowledge use cases
- Drive how we market our products and use cases in engaging and scalable ways for teams that are large and small
- Lead a team of talented product managers with a focus on building valuable and differentiated product and user experiences
- Effective communication of vision/priorities and ability to align priorities across executives, product, design, and engineering leaders
- Seek out feedback from peers, executives, and customers and apply what you learn to elevate your design solutions.
- Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product principles, roadmaps, and specifications
- Defining our success metrics and measuring outcomes to improve and iterate on our product experiences
- Clearly communicate our strategy across the company
- A balance of accountability for results and customer empathy is a must
- 6+ years of product experience shipping great software
- You are passionate about the craft of building great user experiences — you have a knack for bringing simplicity and focus to chaotic problems
- You are an excellent facilitator and can effectively lead teams through research, ideation, architecture, delivery, and iteration
- A history of building, mentoring, and inspiring teams
- Ability to marry quantitative analysis with qualitative research techniques
- A solid understanding of SaaS metrics and aligning business outcomes
- Experience aligning teams across Product, GTM, and CX
- High agency — ability to overcome boundaries to achieve goals
- Excellent communication skills
- High integrity and passion
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.