About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional product design leader who will drive user understanding, craft our online and offline user experience, define our product look & feel, and build scalable design systems for Brightline’s products. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this individual will establish the user research and design team and will create the end-to-end design process for our product experiences. This influential role will partner closely with other leaders spanning Product, Engineering, Clinical Programs, and Marketing.
- Establish the Design team: Set the vision for the Design team; we currently have a small, but mighty Design team at Brightline, and in this role, you will have the chance to develop existing and recruit new talent. You will also define and champion new tools and processes that help us scale.
- Deepen user understanding: Advance our culture of user feedback and keen understanding of the kids, families, and clinicians we serve. Be relentless in finding solutions that meet user needs, synthesizing insights and tying them back to the big picture.
- Craft well-loved designs: Roll-up your sleeves to create inspired workflows and prototypes, iteratively validate designs with users, and partner with engineering to deliver delightful solutions.
- Define the product vision collaboratively: Partner closely with Product, Clinical, and Ops to articulate forward-leaning solutions for both our on-line and off-line experience, grounded in deep user insights and empathy.
- Articulate a consistent style: Establish our product design style, and guide to a holistic and scalable design system that spans our user journey.
- Set and measure against goals: Establish measurable criteria for our user experience to learn and improve designs.
You will thrive at Brightline if you have:
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families
- 7+ years of experience designing successful digital products and design systems for consumer audiences
- 3+ years of experience building strong design teams and effectively managing design processes. You are a supportive mentor and want to empower your team to design better together.
- Exceptional skills in collaboration and cross-functional partnership
- A demonstrated ability to balance effective and efficient roll-up-your-sleeves design work with influential leadership
- Outstanding written and verbal communication of design rationales and new product proposals
- A humble attitude and ability to authentically motivate others
- An undergraduate degree is required, a related graduate degree is a plus
The interview process will require you to share your design portfolio. We’re looking for a clear and well-structured portfolio that outlines the problems you were tackling, and the process you followed. Your portfolio should specifically highlight your and your team’s software product design work.
The Brightline team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area, but we will consider both local and remote candidates.
Brightline is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience to apply.